Rent The Runway - Secaucus, NJ
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
The Manager of Continuous Improvement is responsible for working across all levels of operations to drive customer focused innovation and improvement with safety, production, cost and quality at the forefront of all decision making.
- Develop and deploy Continuous Improvement program into the supply chain operations: Inbound, Outbound, Inventory, Transportation, and Reverse Logistics
- Lead deployment of sustainable programs for standard work, metrics, audits, and technology across areas of operations
- Lead workshops and training to optimize operational departments to meet and exceed KPI, financial and customer satisfaction targets
- Prepare recommendations, including presentations, data analysis, process maps, supporting metrics, business requirements and related impact analyses
- Support cross functional teams (finance, HR, analytics, IT, facilities, etc.) in the areas of process, quality, and operations
- Partner with product and engineering teams to develop and deploy new product and services offerings
- Establish strong working relationships to influence and facilitate collaboration across departmental boundaries
- Provide sense of urgency for results through project reviews and metrics
- Remove barriers for improvement projects and activities to accelerate results
- Communicate across all levels of the operation
- Develop, lead and direct change
- B.A. or B.S. in an applicable discipline (Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Management Science, Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Administration etc.); Master’s degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, Operations Management, Supply Chain, Business Administration or related field is a plus.
- 1-3 years of related experience in a continuous improvement for technology, ecommerce, supply chain operations or similar role
- Experience with Data Analysis along with Knowledge of Analytical Problem-solving methods and tools including Statistical Hypothesis testing, Optimization heuristics, DMAIC, Six Sigma, Lean, Simulation, Queueing Analysis, etc.; Six Sigma Black Belt certification is a plus
- Cross functional Project/Program Management experience
- Experience using advanced Excel, Tableau, SQL, JMP or Minitab, SAS, SPSS, R, etc.
- Knowledge of distribution center/fulfillment operations and processes
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Forward-thinkers, with keen analytic skills and the ability to articulate point of view
- Ability to establish effective relationships across the organization and partner to navigate complex situations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence leaders and effectively negotiate with internal and external business partners
- Have a positive, “can-do” attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Must operate with a sense of urgency and have attention to detail
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure a world class customer experience
- Ability to lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs based on needs of the role
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights and weekends as business dictates
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.