Indigo - Grant, NE
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The role of the Account Manager will be to build and maintain close, emotional relationships with Indigo’s grower customers. This role extends far beyond a traditional sales position and will require the candidate to demonstrate strong business acumen, deep understanding of the ag business as a whole and exceptional social intelligence. The Account Manager will need to intimately understand Indigo’s commercial offerings, articulate the benefits of Indigo’s products / offering and close the sale with new growers. Once the relationship has been established, Account Managers will devote their efforts to delighting their growers with deep knowledge of farm operations, exceptional customer service and build a long-lasting partnership with growers. The Account Manager will work closely with an experienced Indigo Agronomists to enable grower success by maximizing farm profitability.
- Build, secure and retain a long-term customer relationships
- Build a strong foundation and relationship with Agronomists and have a strong line of communication
- Build and maintain a strong sales pace
- Partner with Agronomists to improve farm profitability and provide world-class service to the grower
- Effectively communicate Indigo mission and technology
- Maintain grower accounts and necessary documentation in salesforce.com CRM tool
- Internalize, exhibit, and represent Indigo so that Indigo is seen as a fantastic commercial organization
- Strong sales/relationship-building skills
- Robust service mindset
- Clear communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Shows resilience; is adaptable
- Unsettled growth mindset
- Powerful persuasion skills
- High IQ/EQ
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.