Consensys - Raleigh, NC
Kaleido is a rapidly growing start-up aiming to make blockchain radically simple for organizations to adopt so that our societies will fully benefit from decentralized models and technologies. Our #1 rated platform is powering transformation with clients from Global Fortune 100 companies to startups. We are passionate
Kaleido is set apart by its collaborative culture focused on putting people first. That manifests in how we work together on a flat team, how we build products and solutions with open participation, and how we all take responsibility to interact with our customers and community. We move fast, put real product in customers’ hands, and iterate and learn as we move towards scale. This will allow you to make an immediate, high impact within a dedicated and nimble team.
Our team comes with deep technical experience and a dedication to our mission, but we still like to have fun and take full advantage of our startup environment by playing table tennis during breaks, enjoying a beer from our open tap, volunteering together during office hours, go on team retreats and outings, and more. Our team is based in an urban startup hub in Raleigh, NC.
Kaleido is a part of Consensys’s venture studio. ConsenSys is transforming our present digital architecture toward a more open, inclusive, and secure internet of value, commonly called Web3. It accomplishes this through its standout global business comprised of a startup incubator, Enterprise Ethereum consulting arm, and investment fund.
Come be one of the first hires at Kaleido to focus on building large-scale blockchain analytics systems. Lean team with a bold startup pace, backed by the largest blockchain venture production studio, and highly visible.
We're looking for a Sr. Blockchain Protocol Engineer - to join our agile development team focused on the deep blockchain layer. As active participants in the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) and contributors to multiple open source projects (Quorum, Hyperledger Fabric), our protocol team is at the forefront of Enterprise adoption of blockchain technology.
In addition to solving the challenge of running and scaling permissioned blockchain networks in mission-critical Enterprise use cases, this role is also working with open source communities around data privacy, cross-chain interoperability, using technique such as zero knowledge proofs and state channels. Blockchain is a rapidly evolving technology area that has attracted a lot of brilliant minds around the world both in academia and industry. This role will be on the bleeding edge of this exciting movement.
A successful candidate will have opportunities to research and develop innovative approaches to some of the most challenging problems in software such as advanced cryptography and distributed systems.
- Strong back-end development experience using one of GO, Rust or Java
- Hands on experience in basic cryptography such as digital signature, encryption based on asymmetric or symmetric keys, key agreement
- Being able to explain consensus algorithms like Raft or Paxos, PBFT
- Fast learner excited to develop new skills
- Excellent communicator who works well in extremely fast-paced team environments
- Thrives in chaos and is comfortable with the uncertainty and the rapid change of R&D projects
- Self-starter who can define and execute tasks with minimal guidance
Nice to have:
- Knowledge in advanced cryptography a big plus such as group signature, zero knowledge proofs
- Understanding of IPFS and distributed hash tables
- 5+ years of experience in a senior engineering role
- Experience with blockchain and smart contracts
- Experience in blockchain protocol development
Beyond a stellar work environment, friendly people, and inspiring work, we have some excellent benefits and perks:
- Work on new and exciting Blockchain technology
- Company Equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage provided
- No Vacation Policy, IE you are an adult you can manage your time off
- Ownership is the greatest self-identity at Kaleido - you are making an impact now
- Cool downtown Raleigh location, and HQ Raleigh membership
- Parking is provided, but you can also Scoot, Bike, or Walk if you like
- Regular team outings, catered team lunch and learns, and volunteer opportunities
Kaleido is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply values diversity. We strive to create an inclusive environment for the diverse cultures, perspectives, and experiences in our workforce.
Kaleido is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here: https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.