PeaceHealth - Vancouver, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a Performance Improvement Lean Specialist - System Services for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 170012
Responsible for coordinating, leading and supporting the day-to-day lean transformation work and educational activities. Works cross-functionally with different departments within assigned network to implement lean best practices focused on process improvement. Leads and coaches various continuous improvement project teams focused on eliminating waste and adding value and efficiencies.
1.. Collaborates with executive sponsors and process owners of value stream kaizen activities to ensure alignment and support of PeaceHealth’s organizational goals.
2. Coordinates and facilitates system aligned lean education and curriculum, maintaining consistent standards, methods and terminology. Coaches leaders and tracks their progress towards achievement of their lean leader certification. Provides reports to senior leadership on progress.
3. Coaches and develops leaders to become lean thinkers. Acts as content expert in utilization of lean concepts and tools.
4. Develops strong working relationships with senior leaders and other stakeholders to foster improvement. Works with leaders and caregivers to develop, align, and implement strategic and operational improvements. Collaborates with counterparts and colleagues from across the system to develop and implement system-standard work processes.
5. Provides support and coaching for leaders in their daily management structure, front line problem solving, and leader standard work.
6. Coordinates the information and tracking of standard work and learnings from kaizen activities and workshops to help guide the organization in relation to readiness to spread of tested standard work and inspire caregivers through shared learnings.
7. Implements system standard lean transformation principles, methodologies and processes to enable high value, highly reliable, and standardized work processes.
8. Ensures Lean Transformation Office activities integrate seamlessly with Quality and other departments to maximize continuous and sustainable improvement.
9. Tracks and coordinates kaizen activities and reports on performance including post-kaizen measures within the assigned network and locations.
10. Creates, role models and supports an environment that fosters and supports teamwork and collaboration.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in nursing or related clinical area, business administration or related field or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the incumbent with the requisition knowledge, skills, and ability to successfully perform the job.
• Minimum of five years of applying lean improvement principles and methodologies.
• Minimum of two years of training/education experience in lean improvement methodology required.
• Lean experience in a healthcare environment preferred but not required.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Certification from a recognized provider of lean transformation training preferred.
• Ability to champion the importance of striving to improve the cost, quality, safety, and accessibility of healthcare services, with a focus on creating value.
• Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, facilitation and interpersonal relationship skills.
• Demonstrated change management skills.
• Strong technical, computer and presentation skills.
• Able to maintain flexibility and composure under pressure.
• Ability to travel as required.
Referral Bonus Eligible
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Vancouver, Shared Services Center (802)
Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Business, Administrative & Facilities || Communications, Marketing & Project Management || Full Time || QUALITY IMPROVEMENT
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.