PeaceHealth - Longview, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking an experienced Cardiac Sonographer for a full-time position at St. John Medical Center in Longview, Washington. In this full-time role will work 40 hours per week, primarily day shift, in our Cardiovascular Lab.
Located just 40 miles North of Portland, Oregon, St. John Medical Center is a 200-bed acute care medical center serving a population of appx 165,000 in Southwest Washington and surrounding Oregon communities. The Longview-Kelso area offers the best of both worlds, a peaceful lifestyle and natural beauty of a family-orientated community of 60,000, with close proximity to the Pacific Ocean, Mountains, and the urban amenities of both Portland and Seattle.
Req ID: 169749
Uses independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative in performing diagnostic sonographic examinations utilizing ultrasound equipment in various modes and techniques to locate, evaluate, and record pertinent anatomical, pathological, and functional data. Responsible for initial assessments, summarizing diagnostic data and communicating this information with diagnostic images to the interpreting physician.
- Performs most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Records test results, prepares accurate preliminary reports with information appropriate to their scope of practice and updates patient records for interpreting physician.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required. May schedule and coordinate tests and prepare and maintain operational logs.
- Maintains and calibrates equipment and order necessary supplies.
- Prepares, supplies and equips exam rooms to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Uses independent judgment during exam to differentiate, within the scope of their licensure, between normal and pathological findings.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Tailors exam to individual patient and utilizes the most appropriate equipment settings to provide most diagnostic information for interpretation.
- Performs other duties as assigned consistent with caregiver’s scope of practice, training, experience and licensure/registration/certification.
- Graduate of a 2-4 year accredited ultrasound program required.
- Bachelor’s degree in ultrasound technology preferred.
- Minimum of one year of diagnostic ultrasound experience in a hospital facility preferred.
- PACS/RIS knowledge is required. ImageCast/CareCast experience is preferred.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Currently looking for Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer required. Registered Vascular Technologist or Vascular experience needed.
- Registered or registry eligible with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS). Must maintain active national registry status through accumulation of required CME on a “rolling triennium” basis.
- Must obtain ARDMS registration within one year of hire.
- Current certification/registration/licensure as required by the State for trained modality.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills required including MS Office applications.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift 80 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Longview community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Longview, LCR Delaware Campus (103)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: Variable
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $34.05, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer; Registered Vascular Technologist
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Longview || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Imaging Services || Full Time || SURGICAL SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.