PeaceHealth - Bellingham, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a Director of Lean Transformation - NW Network for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 169008
PeaceHealth is Hiring a Director of Lean Transformation!
Are you a champion for implementing effective and positive change within a healthcare organization? Are you able to communicate with various levels of an organization while establishing credibility and trust? Do you have a proven track record for giving an organization a competitive advantage through highly reliable and standardized processes? Are you looking to join a mission-based organization dedicated to serving its community?
If so, PeaceHealth’s Director of Lean Transformation might be the right opportunity for you!
A qualified Director of Lean Transformation will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience applying lean principles and methodologies
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience
- Lean Leader certification is preferred
- Previous nursing experience is preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
As part of a system-wide initiative to adopt Lean processes, PeaceHealth is looking to establish regional leadership both strategically and hands-on. And ideal candidate will utilize their previous Lean healthcare experience to provide their designated PeaceHealth region with the direction and any necessary process changes to ensure we are delivering the highest quality care to our communities.
To apply to either or both of our openings, visit: jobs.peacehealth.org or, email Kim, Sourcing Specialist, with questions, email@example.com.
Champions and engages with all levels of leadership and caregivers across PeaceHealth in implementing a culture of lean transformation, building trust and collaborative relationships. Promotes the principles, values and methodologies required to support the lean transformation. Provides leadership, guidance and support to ensure alignment and standardization around the lean strategy, language and methodology for the assigned network
1. Works collaboratively with leadership and stakeholders within the assigned network to develop, align and implement strategic and operational improvements utilizing standard and consistent lean methodologies and tools.
2. Ensures lean transformation activities integrate seamlessly with other departments and activities across PeaceHealth to maximize continuous and sustainable improvements.
3. Leads and implements lean transformation projects and provides coaching and training for assigned network leaders, caregivers and team members.
4. Provides daily leadership and management of lean transformation resources and activities for assigned team. Recommends selection of staff, provides departmental staff management, assignment of work, caregiver development and performance management. Evaluates competence and initiates performance improvement plans to develop staff, provide meaningful and constructive feedback.
5. Provides input to department budget development, manages expenses, and ensures expenses stay within budget.
6. Ensures the implementation and adherence to system standard lean transformation principles, methodologies and processes to enable high value, highly reliable, and standardized work processes.
7. Facilitates improvement and redesign, including administrative and clinical workflows.
8. Educates and coaches leaders and caregivers in adoption and practice of lean transformation standards, methodologies, tools and processes.
9. Creates and supports an environment that fosters and supports teamwork.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Nursing or related clinical field is required.
Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum of 7 years of related experience of applying lean principles and methodologies.
Minimum of 5 years of management and/or leadership experience required.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Lean Leader certification preferred.
Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
Ability to champion the importance of striving to improve the cost, quality, safety, and accessibility of healthcare services, with a focus on creating value.
Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal relationship skills.
Ability to develop and important relationships with key stakeholders and collaborate with all levels within the organization.
Strong technical, computer and presentation skills.
Able to maintain flexibility and composure under pressure.
Is a role model in support of PeaceHealth’s mission and core values.
Ability to travel as required.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Bellingham community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Bellingham, St. Joseph Medical Center (216)
Job Category: Leadership
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Bellingham || Leadership || Business, Administrative, & Facilities Leadership || Full Time || QUALITY IMPROVEMENT
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.