Rent The Runway - New York, NY
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
Our infrastructure team is smart, pragmatic, and entrepreneurial. We practice continuous improvements & process management techniques to put quality into everything we do. We cross-functionally service the Rent the Runway business and support multiple departments across IT, Engineering, Product, Security, Compliance and the Business.
About the Job:
We are seeking a motivated, adaptable, self-managed and eager to learn IT professional. The ideal candidate must be able to thrive in the midst of constant change, and adapt to the growing needs of the business. As a member of the IT team, this person will be supporting our network for all of our business units, in our corporate offices, warehouse and retail locations.
Candidate must have some knowledge of Palo Alto Networks’ product solutions (firewalls, Panorama, IPSEC VPN, & Threat Protection) & Juniper Networks Switching.
What You'll Do:
- Development and maintenance of existing network infrastructure
- Manage network connectivity with multiple Internet network providers
- Advocate for and drive for best of breed security solutions.
- Administer existing security devices - firewalls, VPNs, etc.
- Creating and maintaining monitors to ensure system stability and uptime.
- Recommend and implement networking solutions and technologies.
- Provide on-call support for system related issues and work to identify problems and resolve them
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical degree.
- 5+ years experience maintaining a network infrastructure
- Nice to have or the want to attain Juniper Networks certification (JNCIA)
- Nice to have or the want to attain Palo Alto Networks certification (PCNSE)
- Experience managing and integrating networking with Cloud Providers (AWS/Azure/Rackspace)
- Aruba Clearpass/Radius experience
- Understanding of the OSI Layers
- Knowledge of VLANs, Subnets, VPNs, VLAN Tagging, Trunking etc
- Understanding of routing protocols including but not limited to BGP, OSPF, TCP, UDP etc
- Knowledge of firewalls, security best practices and audit compliance
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain network stability
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to mentor and work with other team members
- This positions time will be split between the NY and NJ locations.
- Occasional travel to the retail locations & TX
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.