Sony PlayStation - Los Angeles, CA
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Build Engineer
We are God of War! Join us!
You’re into technology – digging into it, learning it, building it. You’re someone who thrives on infrastructure, on making things happen for everyone on the team, so their lives are more efficient and easier, which allows them to perform their creative magic.
And you’re talented, really talented, and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done – and we leave you alone to do them. Sound interesting? Give us a shout.
AND NOW A WORD FROM MANAGEMENT…
- Upgrade and maintain build infrastructure, including Jenkins server configurations and scripts, build scripts, custom server Web API’s, and a PS4 kit farm
- Evolve internal studio infrastructure, focused primarily on code and content builds
- Support build release and patching pipeline, build deployment tool suite, code integration utilities, pre-commit testing utilities, and packaging pipeline
- Collaborate with IT to ensure a broad understanding of approaches and solutions
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional scripts and code
- Test and document work produced.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years professional experience
- Proficient in C++ along with a wide variety of languages and methods, ideally including Python, Ant, Jenkins, Groovy, Git, Perforce, REST APIs
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Able and motivated to work with other team members
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Target Manager, GNU/Linux tools, Maya, Qt, PowerShell, Redis, C#, Ruby, YAML, Puppet, SQL
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom and autonomy.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.