Jet - San Bruno, CA
The Category Analytics Manager will provide strategic and analytic support for the Vertical retail teams. Your goal is to use data and analyses to uncover problems and inform critical business decisions.
Location: San Bruno, CA
Challenges you’ll be tackling
- You’ll help identify problems and areas of improvement in profitability, assortment, pricing, and supply chain among others, as it related to the vertical assigned.
- You’ll partner with General Managers and Category leaders to influence business strategy and solve complex problems
- You’ll be the SME of data and tools for your vertical organization.
- Provide business intelligence and reporting for retail, marketing, and customer analytics departments
- Detect root causes of changes in metrics and effectively communicate these insights to different audiences
- Identify levers to move key metrics
- Build and automate dashboards and reports
- Conduct in-depth research and provide quantitative analysis to evaluate new projects and business opportunities by defining metrics and frameworks
- Collaborate with category owners and leaders to uncover challenges in each line of business and create data-driven solutions to them
- Partner with the larger data science and core analytics team to develop solutions to improve internal workflows and tooling
- Mentor and train category specialists and managers to use data and tools to improve their business performance
How you’ll know it’s right
- If you want to shape the future of e-commerce by working with one of the richest data sets in the world
- If you can drive results and solve problems in fun and creative ways…
- If you want to be a part of one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies around where the only constant is change…
- We think you’d look great in purple.
- Minimum of 5 years of full-time work experience in a highly analytical capacity
- Minimum of 4 years doing advanced quantitative analysis based on large amounts of data
- Minimum of 3 years of SQL, Tableau (or similar BI tools) and Excel
- Self-starter with problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Finance, Economics, Engineering or related quantitative field.
- Graduate Degree (MBA Preferred)
- Understanding of statistical analysis; experience with packages, such as R, Python, SAS etc.
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- eCommerce experience
About Walmart US eCommerce
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.