Justworks - New York, NY
Why you would love working with us
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, diversity + inclusion and wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to create security requirements and deliver security risk assessments.
- Conduct manual code reviews, penetration security testing, automated security testing.
- Deliver education on secure coding practices to product engineering teams.
- Coordinate internal and external penetration testing. Validate and triage issues with engineering teams for remediation.
- Implement safeguards and countermeasures
- Coordinate threat modeling exercises and follows steps to remediate identified issues/gaps
- Enhance our testing, monitoring and continuous deployment infrastructure
- Keep extremely sensitive data compartmentalized and secure
- Detect and respond to security events and incidents
Who you are
- Minimum of 5 years of professional hands-on application security experience
- Experience designing, developing and improving access control and other core security functionality
- Strong fundamental knowledge of secure coding practices
- Strong understanding of application security architecture and ability to articulate best practices for application security
- Experience conducting manual code reviews and penetration security testing
- Experience evaluating, deploying, and managing application security tools
- Current security certifications like GCIH GWEB, CEH, OSCP, CISSP and others are nice to have but not required
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.