Sony PlayStation - Bend, OR
Sony Bend Studio, the creator of Days Gone, Syphon Filter and Uncharted: Golden Abyss, is looking for top talent to join our in passionate team.
We are seeking a Lead FX Artist who will be responsible for creating FX and defining processes that assist in all areas of special effects creation. This person will be working closely with the VFX Supervisor and the FX Team.
- Lead and drive FX initiatives within the FX team and collaborate with other departments to develop and implement high quality and performant FX content.
- Content creation of visual FX across all areas of the game which set the industry leading standard for the team and the project.
- Work with and mentor FX Artists to provide clear direction and set expectations for aesthetic and technical requirements.
- Collaborate with the project Art Director to ensure a consistent style and quality level across all the various types of game FX assets.
- Work with the Art Manager and Production department to deliver time estimates for FX creation.
- Work with your team to troubleshoot FX related issues in a timely manner and maintain your implementations throughout production.
- Work with graphics engineers to improve upon existing technologies and develop new ones that raise the bar of game FX, both visually and technically.
- Create documentation, communicate requirements, and provide feedback to internal artists and outsourcing partners.
- 7+ years’ experience as a professional FX artist in AAA games and/or film.
- Bachelor of art degree or equivalent industry experience and training
- Portfolio of realistic, high quality real-time FX work.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize work
- Experience working with a game engine and implementing 3D work into engine.
- Strong leadership, mentoring and teaching abilities
- Proficiency in fluid, particle, and rigid body simulation to create realistic FX in 3d packages such as Houdini, Maya, or 3dsMax.
- Experience building and maintaining FX tools/Rigs
- Python scripting experience.
- C++ programming experience.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.