Homechef - Lithonia, GA
Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our plant-based crew is the lifeblood of our organization, operating in a supportive environment that allows the workplace to feel like a home away from home. Our work product is a testament to what collaboration, heart, and hustle can accomplish when combined. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Maintenance Technicians are responsible for performing and executing repairs on all equipment and machinery and training machine operators from production. Maintenance Technicians are also responsible for performing ongoing maintenance tasks for the physical plant. Time management, ability to prioritize, and communication skills are also critical for all Maintenance Technicians.
Employee and Food Safety:
- Ensures all work is performed in accordance with sound safety practices and proper work methods or procedures; wears all personal protective equipment (PPE) as required
- Complies with all environmental laws and regulations for chemicals and lubricants as well as disposal and storage
- Performs work in accordance with all quality systems requirements and understands what Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) are and is willing and able to fully support these regulations
Machinery and Equipment Maintenance:
- Repairs and maintains all machinery and equipment at Home Chef
- Provides guidance and training to machine operators to increase efficiency and reduce downtime
- Reads equipment and machine manuals to troubleshoot issues as needed
- Learns to repair and maintain new machinery and equipment as it is acquired
- Inspects plant machinery and equipment to ensure it is operating at peak efficiency
- Executes preventative maintenance program for all machines as outlined and scheduled by Maintenance Manager and Facility Manager
- Documents preventative maintenance and repairs performed for all machines and equipment
- Communicates with Maintenance Manager when replacement parts and supplies are needed
- Ensures that plant is kept in good working order and in compliance with all safety requirements
- Executes work orders related to facility improvements and repairs
- Documents work related to facility improvements and repairs
- Works under pressure when emergencies occur
- Works with sense of urgency to minimize production downtime
- Prioritizes work orders to minimize impact to production and employees
- Accurately predicts time to completion for work orders Communicates progress and expected completion dates with management
- Follow the facility GMPs and help enforce them throughout the facility
- Support the efforts of the company to maintain our food safety system (SQF) and quality programs
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- High School diploma required; associate degree preferred
- 2+ years experience in maintenance as it relates to electrical
- 2+ years experience in machinery maintenance (Food manufacturing equipment, etc.)
- Previous metal fabrication manufacturing experience preferred but not required
- Must be able to use a variety of hand and power tools and precision measuring
- Must have strong knowledge of electrical wiring repairs and installations, AC/DC controls and schematic diagrams
- Must be able and willing to work in refrigerated coolers (~38⁰F)
- Must be able to operate and repair all standard food processing equipment including but not limited to conveyors, motor controls, baggers, tape machines, label applicators
Perks and benefits:
- Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance available
- Paid holidays, sick time and vacation time
- 401k program
- Flexible spending accounts for qualified medical, dependent care, parking, or transit expenses
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.