Sony PlayStation - Los Angeles, CA
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Join the development team that created the award-winning God of War! Santa Monica Studio is looking for a Manager to partner with the Sr Managing Producer of Art and support the Game Development team!
In this role you will help to mentor, retain, and develop some of the top art talent in the industry. Under the supervision of the Sr Manager, you’ll plan, organize, and structure a large part of the Art team, to ensure that project and studio needs are met. You’ll also play an important role in creating and maintaining a vibrant and innovative creative culture, and in helping guide the Art team on a path of continual growth and improvement.
- Cultivate and retain top tier artists, to help grow our existing industry-leading team.
- Participate in the hiring process for artists under the supervision of the Sr Manager along with Talent Acquisition. Conduct phone screens and join in-house interviews to help identify strong potential candidates.
- Provide career development and growth for artists. Personally provide mentoring and guidance on soft skills, and leverage sub-discipline experts within the team to build technical skills.
- Manage performance within the team in a way that encourages innovation and creativity, while establishing and codifying best practice and process.
- Establish responsibility and accountability within the team. Create, develop, and support new leaders.
- Plan for the best and most efficient deployment of art resources. Collaborate closely with Leads and Producers to ensure project needs are being met, along with the development needs of the team.
- Support and deliver the creative vision of the Directors. Ensure that the art direction and priorities set by project leadership is reflected in the scheduling, resource allocation, execution plan, and conduct of the art team as a whole.
- Collaborate with the Sr Managing Producer for Art, the rest of the Management team, Production team, and other studio leaders to ensure a consistent, transparent and effective production process across all disciplines.
- Contribute to studio planning around personnel issues, headcount planning, studio culture and other needs as required
- Represent the art function at the project level. Ensure that appropriate communication flows freely, such that the team feels heard, represented, and generally in the loop. Escalate and resolve art team needs, issues, and concerns in a responsive, effective, and visible manner
- Act decisively to remove roadblocks and smooth out interdisciplinary issues.
- Maintain an inspiring and mindful creative culture, where experimentation, feedback and iteration are encouraged. Foster knowledge sharing and creative exercises.
- Represent the art team and the studio in the industry, including participation in events, conferences, and university outreach.
- 5+ years of game industry experience.
- 3+ years of production or art creation experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role.
- Internal development team experience.
- Experience on a full AAA development cycle preferred.
- Experience within the Art discipline preferred.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.