Jet - Hoboken, NJ
Team Lead, SMB Accounts, Walmart Media Group
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and ability to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking experienced sales professionals to help build and sell Walmart Media Group’s advertising solutions to our key partners benefiting from our proven conversion driven and brand building solutions. You’ll contribute to a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid and dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment; and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
The SMB team is a scaled sales team that services more than 1,000 medium-to large-sized advertisers and agencies globally. Account & Partner Managers build relationships and consult with their clients on optimal solution implementation – through service, education, and support. Ideal candidates will have the ability to drive marketing strategy coupled with a willingness to roll up their sleeves and execute the tactics. Success in this position requires exceptional consultative sales, coaching, and client service skills; a willingness to experiment; the ability to thrive in a dynamic, team-focused environment; and a passion for helping others achieve results.
As the Team Lead on the SMB Accounts team, you will report to Head of SMB Accounts. This position will be directly responsible leading a team of Partner/Account/Campaign Managers who help clients and suppliers get the best results from their marketing campaigns on Walmart Media Group – through consultation, education, optimization, and support. In addition to developing a high-performing team, this position will be responsible for working with other teams across WMG to create and grow programs focused on improving the WMG experience for our clients and suppliers.
Ideal candidates will combine an exceptional ability to coach, develop, and motivate team members; a passion for growing revenue through rigorous account planning and consultative sales techniques; a keen eye for identifying process and workflow opportunities; and a willingness to roll up their sleeves and execute the tactics. Success in this position requires strong sales, analytical, people management, and problem-solving skills; attention to detail; the ability to thrive in a dynamic and changing environment; and have a passion for helping others achieve results.
- Revenue: Reach and exceed sales quotas while contributing to overall team goals
- Volume: Ability to manage a high volume of small and medium sized business accounts
- Always-On: Implement a strategy for always-on revenue so that the SMB team begins the perpetual revenue stream of the organization
- Relationships: Develop and broaden high-level collaborative relationships, understand and identify contacts that manage multiple budgets (brand, shopper, DR, video, etc.)
- Prospect: Prospect and penetrate organizations to drive alignment and influence executive and day-to-day contacts to execute against account plan
- Lead a high-performing team Partner Managers & Campaign Managers
- Coach, develop and inspire your direct reports
- Become an expert in WMG’s solutions for businesses of all sizes
- Identify actionable insights to improve client results and team strategy
- Work cross-functionally within sales and other Walmart organizations to drive revenue and increase customer satisfaction
- Identify opportunities to improve ad products and the customer experience
- A passion for helping others succeed
- 10+ years experience in digital sales, search, DR, performance advertising, full-funnel platform sales, PMP/automation background
- 10+ years experience managing SMB accounts
- Strong track record of high-level negotiation and successful internal and external relationship management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, exceptionally organized, and diligent follow-through
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Proven track record of successfully reaching and exceeding sales revenue goals through consultative sell
- Strong understanding of Walmart consumer behavior and how Walmart helps suppliers, marketers and consumers
- Strong analytical and Excel skills are essential, as well as curiosity, persistence, and the ability to solve problems in a structured manner
- Strong ability to apply operational rigor, methodologies and use technology to execute, assess, and explain complex brand and performance marketing solutions
- Experience in a fast-paced startup, sales, and/or online advertising environment strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Customer-obsessed, Curious, Collaborative, Consultative, Courageous and Competitive
- Interested in understanding a business’s finances
- Authentic and passionate
- Respectful, Inclusive, Honest, Transparent
- Positive and solutions-oriented
- Sense of humor
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.