PeaceHealth - Vancouver, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a Sr. Reimbursement Analyst - Reimbursement Services for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 170588
This position is a key support staff member to assigned internal customers and as such is responsible for understanding their governmental regulatory reporting needs, completion of regulatory reports, and supporting and furthering their goals and priorities within the context of the goal and priorities of the system Reimbursement team. Responsible for analysis of third party government payer reimbursement for the health system. This includes Medicare, Medicaid, and other Governmental Cost Report filings/audits/appeals, State provider tax programs, and staying current on all Federal and State government regulatory payment changes. Responsible to assist in providing credible and understandable reimbursement analyses and guidance that enhance decision making of assigned internal customers. Services as a resource for Medicare regulatory research and reimbursement analysis for new services, regulatory and legislative change, and strategic planning. Responsible summarizing the governmental reporting and reimbursement impact of regulatory changes.
- Responsible for assigned aspects of third party government payer reimbursement. This includes Medicare, Medicaid, and other Governmental Cost Report filings/audits/appeals, State provider tax programs, and staying current on all Federal and State government regulatory payment changes Completes reports for assigned areas that are mandated by governmental regulations and laws in a timely manner that maintain compliance with regulatory requirements and maximize reimbursement under the respective governmental programs.
- Completes reimbursement analysis in a timely manner that facilitates and enhances the decision making of the customers and the projects.
- Facilitates Medicare regulatory changes affecting PeaceHealth to ensure compliance with Federal and State laws and the timely billing of healthcare services to governmental and managed care payors.
- Provides recommendations for changing wage index reporting in a timely manner to enhance medical and Medicare Managed Care reimbursement.
- Provides timely summarized information that prepares the organization for upcoming Medicare and Medicaid changes.
Continually monitors changes in the regulatory environments with a focus on identifying reimbursement opportunities which may include rural health providers, exempt units, home office cost reports, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field required.
- Minimum of five years progressive Medicare reimbursement experience focusing on hospital regulatory reporting required.
- Public accounting firm or Medicare fiscal intermediary experience preferred.
- Current CPA (Certified Public Accountant) certification preferred.
- Must have extensive knowledge of third-party reimbursement rules, regulations and procedures. Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and responsibly in a collaborative environment with multiple work demands and short time frames.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be well organized and self-motivated.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications. Strong working knowledge and aptitude for using various software applications.
SYSTEM PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Vancouver, Shared Services Center (802)
Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $36.26, more depending on experience
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Business, Administrative & Facilities || Accounting & Finance || Full Time || FINANCE SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.