Unity 3D - Framingham, MA
We are looking for an experienced engineer to help us elevate our world-class client software on mobile platforms. Come build the SDK developers use to integrate our high-performing, global communications network into games of all sizes and scales. We require dedication, strong communication skills, deep technical know-how, and a collaborative mind-set. In return, we provide a great work environment, challenging projects, flexibility, development and growth, and camaraderie.
Vivox, part of Unity, is the leading provider of group voice communication for games and beyond. We provide and operate the communication technology for some of the world’s largest games including Fortnite, Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds, and Rainbow Six Siege. Our products are used by over 100m people every month in every country on the planet.
- Architect, build, debug, and test our SDK offerings, advocating for iOS and/or Android requirements and designs on a cross-platform team
- Collaborate with Product Management and other cross-functional teams to balance priorities with schedules
- Collaborate with other engineers to ensure our products are fully tested and working perfectly
- Automate everything non-trivial, especially test cases
- Use metrics to guide decision making, adding metrics where they are lacking
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire technology stack, client to network to service
- Drive internal education efforts, ensuring that the team's skills develop to keep pace with changing technology
- Mentor junior team members
- Strong systems programming experience in C++ including several of the following:
- stream audio processing
- TCP/UDP networking
- unit testing
- modern architectural design
- interoperating with managed code (e.g Java, C#)
- Computer Science degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Passion for mobile platforms and their constraints such as memory, power, and network
- Ability to share knowledge with others well, both verbally and in writing
- Experience in handling both legacy code and greenfield development and can make technical recommendations based on the needs of the project
- Ability to engage in technical discussions with clients and peers, both inside and outside of engineering
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.