Jet - San Bruno, CA
Major innovations. Massive scale. Imagine the possibilities. Did you know the world's largest brick-and-mortar retailer is also one of the fastest growing and most dynamic e-commerce organizations? Led by Marc Lore, founder and former chief executive officer of Jet.com, we're creating an experience that lets customers shop anytime, anywhere — delivering exactly what they want, when they want it. Want to join the team that's changing the way the world shops?
In 2016, Walmart acquired Jet.com and began expanding its portfolio of e-commerce sites. As part of the Jet acquisition, Hayneedle.com (home furnishings) also joined our family. In 2017, Walmart added Shoes.com (footwear), Moosejaw (outdoor apparel and gear) ModCloth (women’s apparel) and Bonobos (men’s apparel) to the portfolio. The result? An unparalleled selection of brands and categories, and a family of sites that provides a great end-to-end experience for customers.
About the Job
The senior manager of customer acquisition will develop, execute and optimize customer acquisition marketing strategies across paid marketing channels including Paid Search/PLAs, Paid Social, Display, Affiliates and Direct Mail to drive rapid growth for one or more of the sites within the Walmart eCommerce Family of Brands. We are looking for a self-motivated marketing manager, able to thrive in a fast-paced, results and deadline driven environment. You are driven by data and passionate about efficiently acquiring customers at scale across our target customer segments.
- Strategically lead all Paid Search/PLAs, Paid Social, Display, Affiliates and Direct Mail channels from ideation to execution
- Lead a team while working cross-functionally with insights & analytics, site merchandising, product, creative and design, and finance teams
- Manage a multi-million-dollar acquisition budget to meet ROI & LTV goals and provide forecasting and spend allocation guidance
- Cultivate a test-and-learn culture and build out testing process and road map to optimize performance and achieve customer acquisition goals
- Effectively communicate acquisition channel strategies and performance to the broader marketing team, to cross-functional partners, and to leadership. Develop customized dashboards and reports as needed
- Build processes to quickly identify shifts in performance and a plan for response
- Identify and drive new channels and approaches to customer acquisition and growth strategies
- Own relationship with Google, Facebook and other third party partners
- 5+ years of experience in customer acquisition marketing for an ecommerce company, retail experience a plus
- Solid experience and knowledge of multi-channel consumer marketing strategies with an emphasis on direct response marketing
- Proven track record of driving and accelerating revenue growth to drive new customer acquisition
- Hands-on experience managing SEM campaigns via third party tool, such as SA360, Kenshoo or Marin
- Experience with Facebook/Instagram advertising and scaling campaigns in a high growth environment
- Proven collaborator with outstanding verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Mobile-first mindset, acquiring and engaging customers wherever they interact with our brands
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture or other web analytics tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Marketing, or similar field, advanced degree or MBA a plus
- Experience in a high-growth retail eCommerce environment
- Experience with affiliate marketing and direct mail
- Google Ads and Bing Ads Certifications
- Knowledge of reporting tools, such as Tableau, Oracle BI, etc.
- Familiarity with SQL, MS Access and/or any programming languages
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.