Intercom - San Francisco, CA
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We are looking for a driven Revenue Manager in San Francisco to manage a growing team and help build world class Revenue processes.
We are not your standard accounting team. We're highly quantitative individuals who love to turn data into insights and communicate our findings fearlessly, and we're looking for similarly minded individuals who are constantly curious and driven to understand our business better.
You will be focused on building scalable processes and increasing operational efficiencies around the most strategic accounting initiatives. You’ll be a key partner to every function in the organization to help make sense of our business using metrics and data.This is a highly cross functional role that will require strong partnership and communication. We’re looking for someone who can help us create a strong infrastructure for the team and proactively drive change to support our company’s growth. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Helping to shape and execute on the future roadmap of all revenue processes to support the business as we scale and ensure data integrity and quality.
- Own the order-to-cash process from end to end, including implementation and improvement of our quoting tool CPQ and our billing system Zuora, daily billing operations, and GAAP revenue recognition.
- Design and implement our ASC 606 process and ensure our revenue and contract costs are recorded accurately and timely.
- Manage the monthly close process and ensure that billings and all revenue related accounts are reconciled and timely reported. This includes adequately reserving for bad debt and accrue for credits that the company may owe to the customer.
- Manage the sales commissions process in partnership with Sales Ops. This includes attainment tracking, commission payout, and sales attainment reporting.
- Be a strategic partner to Sales, Sales Ops, Engineering and FP&A to continuously improve and automate the Order-to-Cash process. You’ll need to build strong and positive relationships with each of these functions.
- Provide revenue support and process documentation for our annual financial statement audits.
- Lead, grow and develop the team. This role will currently have one direct report with an opportunity to hire and build the team as Intercom grows.
What skills do I need? 📖
- Revenue Recognition experience is required
- Minimum of 2+ years experience managing teams
- Experience with Zuora, preferred
- Experience with NetSuite, preferred
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions
- Ability to navigate a complex data models and use SQL to pull information from our databases, preferred
- Ability to envision and lead change. There are many things we still need to evolve and improve about how we work. You’ll be a key driver of that change.
- A growth mindset. Willingness to own problems. Comfort with ambiguity and a desire to make things better
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
- CPA, preferred
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.