PeaceHealth - Eugene, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking a CNA/Home Health Aide - Full-Time, Days for a 1.0 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 171008
This is an exciting time to join our Sacred Heart Home Health team as we focus on growth and development of our program. This exceptional and dedicated team provides high quality, compassionate and mission driven care.
We are proud to boast that we have a nearly 0% first year turnover rate, are the largest agency in the area, have exceptional quality and patient satisfaction scores, maintain a great relationship with the ONA, and are Non-Profit.
This position is responsible for performing personal care and household delegated tasks for home health/hospice patients and providing limited nursing care and therapy services to the patients under the clinical supervision of a registered nurse and may receive guidance from a physical therapist, occupational therapist or speech therapist as outlined in the Home Health Aide Care Plan.
- Perform patient care duties/tasks as outlined on the patient specific home health/hospice care plan.
- Perform basic technical skills which may include: CPR; taking and recording vital signs; change non-sterile dressings; measuring and recording fluid intake/output; assist patient with taking oral medications as directed by the physician or nurse.
- Assist patient with personal care which may including: bathing; mouth and skin care; grooming and dressing; assistance with bed pans and/or urinals; eating and hydration.
- Provide patients with help walking, exercising and moving in and out of bed. May assist with use of special equipment (i.e. walker, wheelchair, cane).
- Assist with meal preparations and/or feeding, change bed linen and perform light housekeeping when outlined on the patient’s care plan.
- Provide accurate, legible and timely clinical documentation in compliance with regulatory, quality and Agency guidelines.
- Takes prompt action in response to changes in patient’s health condition and notifies registered nurse/ therapist case manager and/or Patient Care Manager in a timely manner.
- Provides services to a generally adult patient/caregiver population; and given area of clinical specialty, skills and training, may also provide services to pediatric population.
- Effectively communicates with patients, caregivers, RN/therapist case manager, Patient Care Manager and other members of the inter/multidisciplinary team to assure an appropriate, quality and smooth flow of are/services for the patient through the care continuum.
- For incorporation into the home care/hospice record, provides accurate, legible and timely clinical documentation in compliance with regulatory, quality and Agency guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of two years CNA and or Home Health Aide experience in a nursing home, hospital or home care setting required. Home Health experience is preferred or will orient to point of competency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Nurse Aide certification as required by state or facility.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Valid driver’s license (OR, WA or AK as applicable) and proof of auto insurance required.
- Ability to care for patients in a wide variety of environments
- Cooperative working skills, leadership skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills
- Organized, flexible and able to function independently
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Oregon – Sacred Heart Home Health Services:
- Current CNA certification required at date of hire.
- Home Health Aide certification required within 1 month of hire into Home Health Aide position.
UNIVERSITY DISTRICT PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion to include prolonged periods of standing from 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more; hazards may include exposure to cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, soiled linens, unknown liquid in trash bags and biohazards (sharps).
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Eugene community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Eugene, Physician & Surgeons North Building (428)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $13.97, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Certified Nurse Assistant - Oregon; Drivers License
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Eugene || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, LPN || Full Time || CARE CONTINUUM SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.