Indigo - Memphis, TN
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The Revenue Manager will be responsible for leading the team to build tools and processes to help guide Indigo Transport through pricing and lane selection strategy. In this role, you will partner with the Indigo Transport leadership team to conceptualize, define and implement pricing strategy while reporting regularly on key metrics relating to pricing activity. Other key responsibilities include engaging with our Carrier and Shipper sales teams to fulfill strategic pricing requests, maintain current knowledge of ag transportation market rates, build and maintain databases and models relating to pricing activities and work with our world-class product and engineering teams to design pricing tools and infrastructure for our mobile app platform. We’re looking for candidates that have the enthusiasm and aptitude to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of the Indigo Transport team.
- Take responsibility for managing pricing process for all Indigo Trucking lanes (pricing Indigo pays to carriers) and all external shippers (pricing external shippers pay to Indigo) including the customer quoting process
- Develop and implement a process to identify lanes or shipments that require pricing adjustments (e.g., based on loads that are being viewed but not claimed) and to rapidly implement those adjustments
- Lead the design, building and process for maintaining all databases related to pricing, shipper contracts/awards, historical load bids and adjustments and spot quote histories
- Drive continuous improvement around monitoring lane level pricing movements
- Lead efforts to execute pricing adjustments as needed against baseline prices
- Provide measurements of Indigo Trucking pricing versus alternative transportation solutions, and recommendations for adjustments
- Work with Data Sciences and Product Management to identify and document the requirements for a Dynamic Pricing solution that brings together all the necessary data and data sets and algorithms
- Develop KPIs and reporting on metrics for team including key processes (e.g., quoting process, reporting and visibility goals)
- Work with Indigo Trucking technology team to define future pricing strategies and infrastructure
- Leverage prior experience and market intelligence to make pricing strategy recommendations or carrier/shipper-specific suggestions
- Attract, hire and cultivate talented Pricing Analysts to build a high-performance culture
- Able to manage the collection and analyzing of large data sets
- Translate conclusions into easy-to-understand strategic decisions
- Quickly draw conclusions and drive business strategy around these conclusions
- Comfortable working with data sciences team to implement strategy and designing new algorithms
- Demonstrated experience with advanced analytic tools to capture, organize, and quality check financial data
- Demonstrated experience in presenting results of detailed data analyses to business audiences (including reports, dashboards, and presentations)
- Create ad hoc quantitative analyses for Head of Indigo Trucking
- Provide insights to leadership through analysis of pricing patterns and carrier/shipper behaviors
- Experience working with a variety of demographic-related and/or point-of-sale data that leads to pricing decisions
- Demonstrates strong relationship building skills
- Strong communication skills; written and oral
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Works well within a team and independently
- Ability to negotiate, motivate, coach, and influence direct team as well as cross functional teams
- Master’s degree in related field preferred
- Management Experience preferred
- Experience in visualization frameworks (Spotfire, Tableau, Google Studio)
- 5+ years relevant experience in analytics/pricing field or in an equivalent function
- Experience working with agile software development teams
- Experience in Python, R, SQL and Excel required
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.