PeaceHealth - Bellingham, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a Patient Team Support - Psychiatry PPS (Part Time) for a 0.8 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Evening shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 170973
Continuously exemplifies the mission, values and customer service philosophy of PeaceHealth in job performance and in relationships to others. Assists the healthcare team in maintaining an efficient nursing unit through effective communication, organizational and nursing skills and professionalism. Provides patient care within the scope of a Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A) as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Performs assigned tasks within the scope of a Certified Nursing Assistant and in accordance with PeaceHealth and general nursing policies and procedures.
- Meets or exceeds customer needs as a patient advocate, exercises discretion in the management of patient information and assures strict patient confidentiality.
- Reports significant changes in patient’s status to the appropriate care team member.
- Responsible for clerical duties on the unit, to include but not limited to:
- Accurate transcription of orders
- Coordinates patient admission, discharge and transfer as applicable to unit
- Coordinates patient registration, scheduling and insurance authorizations as applicable to unit
- Provides effective communication linkage between all care team members
- Monitors, maintains and orders unit supplies.
- Promotes the safety and security of the unit through:
- A working knowledge of fire, biohazard, electrical safety, infection control policies and disaster plan.
- Proper ergonomics
- Promotes a safety-conscious work force and maintains good housekeeping practices.
- Within the scope of a Nursing Assistant; demonstrates the ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual patient care appropriate to the age of patients served by demonstrating knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Communicates appropriately with the person served regardless of their age.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous Certified Nursing Assistant experience is preferred.
- Previous Unit Secretary or related experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of computers is preferred.
- State of Washington Nursing Assistant Certification is required (Note: Employees hired prior to October 1, 1997 may qualify for this position with a Registered Nursing Assistant designation from the State of Washington).
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Good communication and organization skills are required.
- Flexibility, self-motivation and strong customer service skills are required.
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Bellingham community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Bellingham, St. Joseph Medical Center (216)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Part Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $16.80, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Certified Nurse Assistant - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Bellingham || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, LPN || Part Time || BEHAVIORAL HLTH SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.