PeaceHealth - Vancouver, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager of HIM Operations - Health Information Management for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position.
Req ID: 170700
Manages the coordination of the activities of a business unit or department with responsibility for results including costs, methods, and staffing. Responsible for operational performance, quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Manages the HIM Operations teams. Collaborates with experts for policy design and implementation of standard work processes which are in alignment with regulatory requirements and state and federal laws.
1. Manages the organization’s various HIM teams (Chart Correction, Birth Certificates, Chart Integrity, Chart Corrections, Transcription and Document Management), assuring the programs are lean, efficient, compliant, responsive and positioned to meet or exceed service level agreements (SLAs) related to turnaround times required by state law and company policy.
2. Manages daily operations staff including, staffing, scheduling, and resource allocation. Develops, implements, monitors goals, objectives, and quality standards.
3. Recommends selection of caregivers. Monitors and evaluates performance and accountability of staff. Evaluates competence and initiates performance improvement plans to develop caregivers. Provides meaningful and constructive feedback. Coordinates the use of Corrective Action Plans for benchmark outliers.
4. Monitors HIM Operations services, develops quality and performance indicators, gathers data for analysis as well as ensures continuous improvement to optimize services and stewardship of resources.
5. Manages operational performance including quality, service environment, and regulatory compliance within assigned areas. Applies knowledge of regulatory requirements and state laws related to release of information, privacy, and organizational integrity.
6. Links mission into day-to-day work in service to our patients, families, providers, and caregivers. Creates and supports an environment that fosters collaboration, teamwork, and customer service excellence.
7. Works to meet organizational/departmental targets, monitors budget variances, and recommends or develops plans for improvement.
8. Facilitates problem solving and decisions regarding computerized systems, operational issues, and caregiver management issues.
9. Utilizes metrics, data and analytics to measure and deliver performance that meet or exceed best practice national benchmarks in the management of the HIM functional area
10. Works with leadership to assist in the development of policies, procedures, and enhancements to the delivery of services and operations of the department.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management or Technology related field required or a combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ health records management experience in a health care setting required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ leadership experience required.
- Multiple facility management experience in a virtual environment preferred.
- Knowledge of health information management practices, regulatory requirements, financial and review requirements, and computer health applications required.
- RHIA (Registered Health Information Administration) or RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician) preferred.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Knowledge and experience in compliance/HIPAA processes, regulations and internal controls.
- In-depth knowledge of policy administration and familiarity with the culture and regulatory environment of health care.
- Ability to prioritize workloads, work independently, accomplish goals, and produce desired results.
- Ability to motivate and coach staff, promote ongoing caregiver learning and professional development, and lead operational improvement activities.
- Experience with managing geographically diverse teams.
- Organizational, analytical, facilitation, project management, interpersonal, negotiating, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, with an emphasis in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and knowledge of SharePoint and Visio. Experience with databases, web design, and project management applications. Working knowledge of current office technology and equipment.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Vancouver, Riverbend Annex (417)
Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $29.97, more depending on experience
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Business, Administrative & Facilities || IT & Health Information Management || Full Time || HEALTH INFO MGMT
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.