PeaceHealth - Vancouver, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Critical Care Resource Team - Float Pool for a 0.9 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Night shift with shift durations of 12 Hours.
Req ID: 171205
Requires availability to work as outlined by contractual agreement between PHSW and WSNA - Provide patient care by assessing, analyzing, planning, implementing and evaluating patients following the nursing process and established standards. Participate as a member of the healthcare team by communicating and documenting pertinent patient information and providing patient and family teaching.
1. Provide assessment and planning to include performing and documenting age-appropriate admission, daily, PRN and discharge assessment, including fall risk, skin care, patient/family level of participation and ability to perform care according to identified standards. Assess bio-psycho-social status, economical, environmental, cultural, spiritual, community and other factors affecting the patient’s return to optimal health. Establish and maintain a plan of care in collaboration with patient, family and health team members including individualized interventions, goals, outcomes and education and modifying or continuing plan based on the patient response.
2. Provide intervention and evaluation to include implementing nursing and medical interventions using appropriate resources, skills and knowledge. Make appropriate referrals and provide patient and family teaching to facilitate desired patient outcomes. Evaluate effects of care provided and identify changes in patient condition.
3. Perform effective communication and documentation by communicating and documenting interventions, patient responses according to standards. Utilize recognized organization communication standard. Keep abreast of and comply with departmental and organizational changes and events through reading appropriate communications and attending unit and assigned meetings.
4. Perform medication administration to include consistently adhering to medication administration policies and procedures. Demonstrate understanding of effects/side effects and combination effects of medications. Resolve medication discrepancies as they occur.
5. Delegate only those tasks that are appropriate within the scope of practice of other healthcare providers. Retain the responsibility and accountability for the nursing care of the patient.
6. Provide patient and family education to include identifying patient and family teaching needs. Involve appropriate family members in teaching. Utilize available education resources.
7. Perform general duties to include maintaining a working knowledge of infection control, risk management and emergency preparedness plans. Actively participate in performance improvement initiatives. Demonstrate knowledge of hospital, interdepartmental and unit goals, standards and operations. Maintain and update knowledge of and is responsive to the laws and regulations which affect his/her practice.
8. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing
- BSN preferred.
- Minimum 1 year or more continous recent (within the last 3 years) medical or surgical intensive care experience
- WA State RN Licensure.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers required upon hire.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire.
- National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certification within 6 months of hire (new grads within 1 year).
- Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (TNCC) within 12 months of hire
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within 12 months of hire.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within 12 months hire for Pediatric care area.
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) preferred.
- Fundamentals of Critical Care Support (FCCS) preferred.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate clinical information
- Strong analysis/problem solving skills
- Strong organization skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently or as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Computer skills
- Ability to teach knowledge of nursing processes and practices.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration or attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day (to include inclement weather).
Referral Bonus Eligible
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Vancouver, Southwest Medical Center (150)
Job Category: Nursing
Shift Length: 12 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $38.98, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Advanced Cardiac Life Support; Basic Life Support; National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification; Registered Nurse - Washington; Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Nursing || Medical/Surgical Nursing || Full Time || ROUTINE NURSING SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.