Github - San Francisco, CA
GitHub helps companies, organizations, and groups of individuals succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for a Senior Analyst of Data Analytics, Sales Operations to provide best in class analytics and data management practices within a quickly growing sales organization. In addition to exceptional technical prowess, a candidate for this role must exhibit extraordinary attention to detail and project management skills.
This role will work closely with multiple teams across the organization as we continue to grow and scale. As a key subject matter expert on our sales data and metrics, Sales, Finance, Marketing, and Product will depend on our insights. This role will also pair closely with our Data Science and Data Engineering departments to assist with ETLs, advise on data pipeline buildout and rationalizing disparate data sets.
GitHub is an exciting place to work and you'll be an important contributor and join a tight-knit environment of technical and business-minded individuals.
This position will be based in our San Francisco HQ
- Develop and maintain SaaS metrics in BI tools in addition to ad hoc analysis to help drive strategic business decisions
- Develop and maintain methods to organize and compare disparate data sets
- Create and maintain dashboards that tie back to business and product goals
- Work with the Senior Manager and Sales Leadership to assess metrics needs and compile reporting requirements
- Collaborate closely with GitHub's Sales, Finance, Marketing, and Product teams to optimize how we capture, analyze, and report business and product data
- Work with Product, Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Deal Desk to analyze customer data to help shape policy
- Report insights across business functions (Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Product) to track company progress and periodically validate the total addressable market sizing for specific go-to-market verticals or use-cases
- A Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, math, engineering, computer science, economics, business, or a related technical field.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience working with Salesforce.com, data management, KPI development, and BI reporting management.
- Background in direct support of a sales organization.
- Excellent data analysis and communication skills.
- Expertise in SQL (mysql, postgres, hive, presto) and Python.
- Experience developing and maintaining ETLs (Airflow experience is a big plus).
- Experience with statistical modeling and data visualization tools (Looker experience a big plus).
- Working understanding of Salesforce.com's core data model and functionality, including reporting tools and data loader.
- Experience solving real-world data problems with code.
- Demonstrates problem solving, decision-making, and process-improvement skills.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and capabilities.
- Familiarity and experience with competitive analysis, and communicating to a diverse audience of stakeholders.
- Ability to manage deliverables and expectations across multiple key stakeholders.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.