baidu - Sunnyvale, CA
The Human Resources (HR) Business Operations Manager at Baidu USA is responsible for the effective and consistent coordination and implementation of HR business processes, functions and procedures, and monitors HR projects and workflow such as payroll, benefits, immigration, etc. On a regular and continuous basis, exercises administrative judgment on establishing departmental operation goals, standards, policies and procedures.
Supervisory Relationship: This position reports to the Head of People at Baidu USA and interacts with other departments, administrators and staff company-wide including teams in Beijing. This position coordinates and manages the work by 2 other HR Operation team members.
Here's what you will do:
- Works closely with Payroll to ensures accurate calculations of wages, tax withholdings, benefit deductions and other deductions.
- Supports HR staff to resolve human resource problems, interpret HR policies and procedures and recommends effective courses of action.
- Provides leadership and oversees employee information collection, analysis and reporting; supervises the input of data and ensures data integrity.
- Identifies optimal solutions that meet the needs of the HR functions by recommending process improvements, system enhancements and alternatives based on specific needs.
- Audits ADP Workforce and internal ERP system capabilities for accuracy, integrity and functionality.
- Provides consistent interpretation/application of HR policies and procedures across the District.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates the operations and activities related to the HR Operations and functions.
- Responsible for preparing, entering and monitoring department budget.
- Serves as the Department’s liaison to HR staff and management, as well as central point of contact for interdepartmental projects and communications related to HR business operations.
- Assesses HR operational needs and changes policies and procedures in order to ensure efficiencies and seamless delivery of services to all present, past and future customers of Baidu USA. Assists in the development of the department’s strategic plan for all operational activity.
- Oversees internal auditing and quality control efforts and is the point of contact for Finance audits.
- Uses various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
- Assists with coordinating yearly processes including year-end closing, contract rollovers, yearly rate and pay schedule adjustments, work year calendars, etc.
Here's what we'd like to see in you:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Human Resources, with minimum of 1 year of management experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct payroll experience with public companies.
- Solid knowledge of federal and state pay rules and regulations and payroll fundamentals including payroll tax, reporting, balancing, US pay policies, garnishments and payroll best practices.
- Highly skilled with spreadsheets, relational databases, and various reporting software applications.
- Some experience in benefits and immigration.
- APA Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) and experience with ADP Workforce are preferred.
- Bilingual in Mandarin is required.
- Mission alignment: If you want to be part of Baidu HR team to accomplish great achievement, we will provide you the best possible platform to do that.
- Self-directed: We work best with people that are driven, motivated, and aspire to greatness. Are you the sort of person that, if you had time on your hands, will independently find interesting ways to push the envelope?
- Hungry to learn: We are eager to see you learn new skills and grow. But learning is hard work and this is something we hope you want to do.
- Team orientation: We work in small, fast-moving teams. We don't believe in lone wolves. We watch out for each other and go after big goals together as a team.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.