Worldwide Exporess - Dallas, TX
Program Manager - IT
The program manager will be in overall, end-to-end, charge of the program, from shaping the approach to get the desired outcomes through to delivery. The position includes coordinating projects and resource management within the program, stakeholder and sponsor communications, reporting, issue resolution, and engagement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTCOMES
- Leads the development of the overall approach for the program, its major time frames and the definition of its major deliverables to address and meet the desired goals and outcomes. Accountable for program completion on time and on budget.
- Leads regular interactions with the executive sponsors to inform, alert, negotiate and maintain a continuing good relationship and shared vision for the program outcome.
- Establishes and ensures appropriate governance functions for the program in accordance with enterprise policies, practices and on behalf of the executive sponsor or SRO (senior responsible owner).
- Directs the creation and maintenance of the required program documentation and artifacts.
- Develops and controls the program budget, and manages expenditure within agreed spending plans.
- Ensures and balances the availability of the required skills and competencies across project teams within the program.
- Identifies, resolves and tracks program level issues.
- Identifies program risks and develops a risk mitigation strategy and execution plan. Ensures risk mitigation takes place as planned.
- Leads reviews with executive sponsor and stakeholders to identify organic or specific program needs and/or changes, and directs the development of appropriate approaches to address.
- Leads the development and maintenance of stakeholder mapping, communications, and reporting.
- Acts as an advisor, and builds and maintains relationships across the wider stakeholder community.
- Leads the oversight of program projects' execution, their progress compared with the plan and the production of agreed deliverables.
- Monitors and coordinates dependencies across the projects in the program and resolves conflicts.
- Directs or approves the establishment of framework/guidelines for the use of contractors and professional service providers, and determines their use across the program.
- Supports and facilitates agenda setting for program committee/board meetings.
- Build strong relationships with business and technology partners (1n8gwq)
- Bachelors Degree
- 8+ years of IT experience, at least 5 in project/program management
- Significant leadership experience in the logistics industry or adjacent industries applicable to WWEX.
- Experience in providing program management for software development with a minimum of 20-30 team members in business and technology transformation in a growth-oriented business.
- Understanding of the industry, specific WWEX business model, and unique characteristics of the Company.
- Significant leadership experience in the logistics industry or adjacent industries applicable to WWEX.PMP/Scrum Master certification.
- Strong understanding of program management and Agile application development practices
- Building collaborative relationships.
- Change management.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES IN
- Influencing, leading change that drives business performance.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Conflict management and problem-solving.
- Assessment and decision-making skills.
- Relationship building both within the organization and with external sources.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Critical thinking.
- Forward thinking.
- Technical Expertise.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO GIVING YOU:
- A competitive Salary
- Advancement opportunity
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as the opportunity to participate in a 401(k) program
WHO ARE WE?
Quite simply, we make shipping simple. Worldwide Express is a relationship company offering customers a comprehensive solution for their shipping needs, whether it be small package, less-than-truckload or full truckload. We are a local partner for our customers’ global supply chain, providing consultative service from more than 125 offices across the nation. Through our relationship with UPS® and a highly selective carrier portfolio, we provide our customers with a breadth of shipping options unmatched in the 3PL field.
Worldwide Express has a strategic partnership with UPS for light package, domestic and international shipping to penetrate the small to medium size business sector. As UPS's largest non-retail authorized reseller in North America, our sales teams do what they do best, which is providing solutions to C-Level executives while letting UPS do what they do best: deliver more packages on time than anyone else. In addition to our relationship with UPS, WWEX has alliances with over 65 LTL, Domestic Air Freight, and International Air Freight carriers. WWEX provides tailored services and individualized shipping solutions to fit the needs of any small to medium-sized business customers.
Worldwide Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Worldwide Express Operations, LLC and WWEX Franchise Holdings, LLC ,(collectively “Worldwide Express”) strive to make employment decisions on the basis of merit, seeking the most qualified individuals in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other status protected by law. All employment decisions will be based on valid job requirements or other legitimate, non-discriminatory reasons. Worldwide Express offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in the job application and hiring process. If you would like to request such an accommodation, please contact the Vice President of Human Resources for Worldwide Express.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.