Samsara - San Francisco, CA
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara’s Internet of Things solution – which includes fleet technologies ranging from GPS tracking to route optimization to AI-powered dash cameras – is being adopted by thousands of new customers every quarter, helping them improve the safety, efficiency, and quality of their operations. These fleet customers hail from a variety of industries, including transportation, food and beverage distribution, construction, field services, passenger transit, state and local government, and K-12 education. We are seeking a true full-stack marketer to help Samsara gain traction and be recognized as a market leader across multiple industries.
In this role, you will be responsible for hitting a target of pipeline/bookings influenced by your campaign(s). To achieve your goal, you'll define the campaign message and architect the campaign journey for particular audiences (e.g. a particular industry or a particular fleet size) at every stage of the funnel. You'll own each campaign's success, meaning that you’ll ideate, develop content as needed, and deliver your message (or collaborate with other teams to ensure your message is delivered) across all relevant channels, to the right audience at the right time. From there, you'll measure and analyze results, iterate, and scale. To excel in the role, you’ll need a willingness to build programs from scratch, to experiment until you get results, and to work across a variety of mediums and deliverables.
Demand Generation Marketing Manager will work on:
- Campaign-in-a-box -- Create scalable programs (such as co-hosting webinars with live demos featuring a customer from a particular industry) that will engage a specific audience
- Email / Mailer Journeys -- Define what content an audience should see and when, collaborate with our Marketing Ops team to build new operational playbooks, and execute your campaign
- Content -- Define new content required for your campaign's success (e.g. case studies, e-books, videos, etc.) and create it yourself or collaborate with our PMM or Content or Design team to develop it
- Events -- Collaborate with our Events team to ensure we are at the right industry-specific events with the right resources available, and build follow-up campaigns for events leads to maximize ROI
- Brand awareness -- Determine which outlets are most influential with your target audience, and deliver the right campaign and messaging within these channels.
- Digital/Paid acquisition -- Collaborate with the Growth team to ensure that paid acquisition efforts (AdWords, Facebook, etc.) are appropriately targeting your audience to generate leads
- Sales enablement -- Work cross-functionally with Sales to help them best utilize your campaigns
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
An ideal candidate would:
- Extremely data-driven; committed to experimenting until you see measurable results
- Analytical chops to measure the effectiveness of marketing programs
- Excellent communication and storytelling (written, verbal, and visual)
- Strong project management skills, ability to handle projects end-to-end as well as collaborate effectively
- Marketing automation/operations expertise is helpful
- 2-5 years experience in marketing/advertising/PR, consulting, or similar
- Experience in a B2B technology environment is nice to have
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.