Qualtrics - Seattle, WA
Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 9,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now!
About the Role
We are looking for a leader to develop and execute a Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence R&D and productization strategy. Our goal is to personalize the Qualtrics experience using ML and AI features showcasing Qualtrics data as a core value proposition and competitive advantage.
As the leader of this team you will hire, develop, mentor, and coach both Research Scientists and ML Engineers to ideate and implement new platform features leveraging state-of-the-art techniques in natural language understanding, image classification, statistical modeling, and other forms of ML and AI technology. You will balance significant long-term R&D investments with short-term product deliverables, and partner with product management and company leadership to ensure alignment against strategic and tactical goals.
Working in with senior leaders, you will evangelize ML and AI technology capabilities, and develop a process for consulting, educating, evaluating, and implementing across the larger organization. You will provide thought leadership about proper use of ML and AI, and lead the strategy, design, and implementation of scalable processes for model development, validation, and implementation.
You will partner with other senior leaders to build an efficient organization strategy and make key investment and prioritization decisions to execute against our multi-year product and company vision. You will serve as an external voice of the company, clearly articulating the company’s vision to technical and business audiences, helping to establish the company as a market leader.
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering with 7+ years of industrial experience in at least one of the following fields:
- Natural language processing: text labeling and classification, text understanding, question answering, dialogue systems, entity extraction and reasoning, knowledge graph, etc.
- Machine learning: deep learning, distributed machine learning, large-scale optimization, Bayesian probabilistic inference
- Data mining: information extraction, recommender systems, knowledge/pattern discovery, anomaly/churn detection
- Computer vision: image classification, object detection, segmentation
- Consistent record of progressive data science and ML/AI experience, with 3+ years in a leadership position leading teams that designed, developed, and launched complex AI solutions
- Demonstrated track record of successfully hiring, motivating, growing, and retaining talented Research Scientists and ML Engineers
- Experience in developing new algorithms with a track record in top journals or conferences
- Expert in conducting state-of-the-art research, system design, and applying novel techniques to live production systems
- Familiar with one or more deep learning frameworks: e.g Tensorflow, PyTorch, MXNet
- Experience with large-scale computing platforms, e.g Spark, Hadoop
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.