Pinterest - San Francisco, CA
Pinterest is one of the fastest growing online advertising platforms and our continued success depends on the reliability, performance, and scalability of the Ads infrastructure. You’ll help us build the next-generation Ads infrastructure that will deliver world class performance and scale to 100x our current size (query volume, number of advertisers, number of ad creatives, number of product offerings). You'll join a small, early-stage team, working on multiple critical functional areas and lay the foundation for Pinterest’s business success.
What you'll do:
- Define and execute vision for evolving the infrastructure that forms the foundation for Pinterest Ads
- Own and innovate the core functional areas of Pinterest Ads infrastructure—ads serving systems, ads indexing/retrieval systems, ads ranking/training system, and real-time budgeting/pacing systems
- Re-architect Ads infrastructure services/components to achieve greater scalability, freshness, performance, efficiency, and reliability
- Develop processes to systematically evaluate the Ads infrastructure for regressions in system performance and key business metrics
What we're looking for:
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience
- Extensive experience in building and owning critical user-facing backend serving systems, and solving complex design, scaling, latency, or performance problems in high-volume low-latency distributed systems
- Strong ads domain expertise - they will be collaborating closely with ads product and quality engineering teams to continuously innovate and optimize our ads infrastructure
- Proficiency in at least one of the systems languages (Java, C++, Go)
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.