Allbirds - San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA | Retail Team | Reports to the Head of Global Retail Operations
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
Where do we need help?
We're looking for our first internal real estate hire to help manage all things real estate for our fast-growing global retail business.
Who are we looking for?
You're both a strategic thinker and a seasoned deal maker that has worked inside a high-growth brand, an institutional landlord, or a combination of both. You are a self-starter, who enjoys working in a highly entrepreneurial environment, putting structure and rigor into our real estate and store development program and working closely with construction project management and other retail team members.
What does the job entail?
- Help execute Allbirds retail real estate strategy globally
- Create, manage and maintain a long-term real estate pipeline allowing opportunistic deal-making when the right opportunities in the US and abroad present themselves
- Manage the day-to-day pipeline activity to maintain deal momentum, reporting on progress, negotiating LOIs, assisting with deal roadblocks
- Develop and manage relationships with brokers, developers, landlords and advisors
- Manage North American and Global Real Estate Committees, building pro forma models and property snapshots to allow for thorough committee review
- Process manage the entire lease negotiation process supporting external counsel and coordinating key decisions with internal stakeholders
- Manage lease administration, helping onboard a lease admin database at the appropriate time
- Interface with internal stakeholders across legal, finance, retail and other functions to ensure compliance and optimization for new and existing leases
- Coordinate with store design and construction team around handover and store opening according to plan
- Significant travel to North American and International cities
What might describe you?
- 5+ years as a real estate manager (or related) at a growing retailer, an institutional landlord, or both
- Strong experience in LOI and lease negotiation processes
- Strong analytical mindset with financial modeling and forecasting
- Decision-making and process ownership experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, with the ability to persuade and influence
- Comfort working both in teams and independently
- Experienced in removing ambiguity and uncertainty, through process and structure, developing a foundation that will allow for significant scale
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of real estate, construction and related processes, timelines, lease principles and functions
- Commercial mindset, oriented towards developing successful and profitable stores
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a desire to build our real estate program from scratch
- Excited to travel the country and the world
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness benefits
- Free shoes
- Pup friendly office!
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.