Chewy - Dania Beach, FL
Chewy is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to join our Private Label Team based in Dania Beach, FL. The ideal candidate should be a self motivated driver with a passion for quality.
What You'll Do:
• Complete on-site supplier review of facilities
• Ensure Commissioning process is success during launch of new products by attending initial production runs
• Develop and maintain Product Specifications and testing requirements for hard goods products
• Assess and evaluate supplier factories’ capability and quality assurance processes, request and drive supplier quality improvements
• Engage in continuing education opportunities to become highly knowledgeable on products
• Ensure vendors’ cooperation according to Chewy.com’s Quality and Compliance policies
• Track and trend product complaints, help identify root cause and work with vendors to correct
• Maintain current Quality and Social Audit documentation for all vendors
• Work with vendor and third party labs to create Testing Protocols. Submit and track all required product testing
• Maintain a list of non-conforming issues for internal facilities and suppliers. Ensure corrective actions are completed in thorough and timely manner.
• Work with third parties to organize pre-shipment inspections. Review and make product dispositions as needed.
• Assist in monitoring third party test agencies’ performance.
• Work with QA Chewy teams at manufacturing sites to identify and correct production and product issues
• Remain current on applicable regulations (ex: Prop 65, CARB compliance, etc.)
• Understand and have prior experience with hard good and/or soft line production in China
• Knowledge of metals, fabrics, printing, color matching, and drop tests, transit tests, etc.
• Ability to suggest changes to production methods and options for alternative production methods when manufacturing issues arise
• Understand and create testing protocols to ensure compliance to regulatory and Chewy standards
• Able to analyze data and create actionable items
• Able to partner with cross-functional teams to ensure team success
What You'll Need:
• Degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, or related science degree
• 3-5 years working in manufacturing/consumer products (non-consumable items)
• Prior auditing/co-manufacturing experience required
• Multi-functional team leadership and project management skills
• Strong statistical knowledge and analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Ability to drive process improvement
• Willingness to seek professional growth and development as the scope of the position increases
• Demonstrated integrity, maturity, professionalism, and sensitivity
• Ability to have late night calls with factories, agents and QA Contractors in China when needed
• Ability to travel approximately 30%-40% (includes overseas travel)
• Ability to speak mandarin a plus
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.