Chewy - Dania Beach, FL
Chewy is in search of a Associate Director, Consumer Insights to join our team at our Dania Beach, FL office. This person will play a critical role in further strengthening Chewy’s customer-centric business model by elevating the level of consumer insights applied to the strategy and execution of major company initiatives. The leader in this role will drive a core set of ongoing research programs including the Chewy Brand Tracker and Customer Survey and regular qualitative dialog with consumers and partner closely with Chewy marketing leadership to infuse consumer insights into marketing strategy development and the creation of new breakthrough consumer experiences and brand engagement. This position will also collaborate closely with both analytics and customer-facing teams, with the goal of cultivating an integrated 360-view of current Chewy customers and the total universe of pet parents in the U.S. so that Chewy can focus its resources efficiently and impactfully to drive profitable growth.
This person will be the voice and the conscience of the consumer and be an inspiring and visible thought leader within the organization. They need to have the methodological rigor to field research studies effectively as well as the credibility and persuasiveness to reach out to Chewy teams and senior leaders to help the organization internalize and act on the consumer insights generated by the research.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and evangelize a comprehensive consumer insights plan for Chewy, including an annualized budget for the next 2-3 years.
- Effectively manage of all major research projects approved within the plan (on brief, on budget and on time). This will include the Chewy Brand Tracker and Customer Survey.
- Develop a research vendor model and core set of vendors that add strategic value and operate cost-effectively.
- Regular presentations of consumer insights learning to Chewy executive teams and different functional departments across the company.
- Cultivate close collaborative dialog with key strategic partners including the senior strategists at Chewy partner resources.
- Build a strategic dialog with Chewy marketing analytics, product analytics and Customer Service teams to gain a full understanding of the set of structured and unstructured customer data that Chewy teams have access to. Provide thought leadership on how to drive a customer and consumer insights model that rationalizes and synthesizes the various data streams.
- Oversee and manage Chewy ‘s consumer research tools / platform vendors
- In the medium term, help define and build out a consumer insights team once the plan is in place.
- Position may require travel
What You’ll Need:
- Proven track record managing quantitative and qualitative market research programs for major consumer brands, preferably including retailer experience.
- Effective project manager that can orchestrate complex research projects and deliver compelling results on time and on budget.
- A balance of left- and right-brain thinking that can go deep on the data and provide a nuanced human perspective drawn from empathy and active listening.
- An experienced and engaging presenter who can both inform and inspire, bringing data to life with compelling human insights and context.
- Strategic thinking and writing skills.
- Adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally within a dynamic, fast-moving organization.
- 7-8 years or more experience in similar roles.
- Outgoing, genuine and team-focused.
- Curious, open-minded and collaborative.
- Highly motivated, self starter who can work in a fast-paced environment and handle a level of ambiguity with aplomb.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.