Indigo - Boston, MA
Director, Direct and Digital Marketing
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers and buyers to sustainably produce and market high quality harvests through a digital marketplace. With its Atlas business, Indigo is delivering innovative scientific and data-based solutions for the entire supply chain, furthering its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list and #35 on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and São Paulo, Brazil.
Establishes him/herself as a partner within the marketing organization and shapes requests into most optimal and meaningful interpretation against goals
Understands and embraces Indigo’s brand look, feel and tone and ensures all performance materials are cohesive and consistent
Demonstrates a deep understanding of our key stakeholders (growers, buyers, shippers, carriers, consumers) and the sales cycle for each group
- Understands Indigo's stakeholder touchpoints
Understands business objectives and how their role will help drive business results
Develops a vision and strategy for the direct marketing function, including deployment plan for new/existing tools and global playbooks for engagement with the functional team and utilization of direct marketing systems
Establishes, in collaboration with Strategy and Operations, a data and analytics dashboard to measure performance against acquisition and retention marketing activities
- Sets KPIs and implements a process for reporting out on those KPIs
- Understands agriculture media landscape but represents outside of it
- Sophisticated in all digital and mobile media channels and their role in integrated marketing efforts
- Disseminate and prioritize requests from a wide variety of stakeholders
- Adds structure and strategy to an ambiguous environment
- Data driven mentality
- Acknowledge inefficiencies or problems and problem solve quickly
- Thoughtful of the overall brand, and considerate of messaging that will affect multiple customer segments
- Work cross-functionally to drive outcomes
- Proactive about new opportunities and areas to share our story. Does so with energy, creativity and collaboration across the organization, specifically within marketing.
- Thinks strategically and thoughtfully to ensure a consistent and great customer experience, but able to turn quickly in order to deliver on needs of the business
- Lead and influence by example
- Sees big picture and how multiple aspects of the business intersect
- Presents strategy, metrics and results to leadership organization
- Highly communicative while also being succinct and able to edit to most essential information
- Thinks in data and numbers while also understanding and incorporating our tone, brand, and vision
- Highly cross functional; collaborative and flexible mindset
- 8-10 years of B2C and B2B marketing experience
- Experience leading teams and driving results
- Experience working with highly respected brands
- CRM, retention and loyalty experience
- Comfortable and familiar with w/w, m/m and year/year performance metrics and readouts
- Data, technology and business background
- eCommerce and mCommerce experience
- Familiar with data warehouses, integrated data-systems across product, research and marketing.
- Experience managing email, social media, and loyalty campaigns
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.