Jet - San Bruno, CA
Please note, this is part of a general recruitment campaign for Category Managers in San Bruno, CA and the San Francisco Bay Area for the Everyday Living vertical and not for a live opening.
The Everyday Living team covers a full spectrum of products in Everyday Living and we are looking for talent to build http://Walmart.com to become the destination for American households. Our category teams are working at the heart of the Walmart Ecommerce mission; to save busy families money and time. As a part of the Everyday Living Team, you will have direct responsibility for the end-to-end customer experience on products that America's families buy every day. You will partner directly with the largest consumer packaged goods companies in the world, and also develop relationships with emerging premium brands to build the best possible assortment for the customer. You will be given tools to make changes that immediately impact what the customer sees, and with thousands of units sold per day, you will quickly see the impact of your work. Ultimately, you will own the P&L for your category and make a real impact on Walmart's eCommerce business.
About the Role
- Negotiates product costs, volume, etc. with brands for a moderately-to-highly complex category
- Ensures proper distribution and pricing across warehouses and distributors for a moderately-to-highly complex category
- Develops partnerships with retailers for a moderately-to-highly complex category
- Supports GM in developing data-driven business plan for a moderately-to-highly complex category with tangible execution steps
- Manages budgets, sets priorities and implements savings opportunities
- Ensures achievement of category financial targets (e.g. GMV and margin), and identifies (and executes upon) levers to achieve those targets
- Supports GM in managing P&L
- Manages all performance metrics for a moderately-to-highly complex category
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of all item set up to ensure product line is accurately depicted in multiple systems for sales tracking for a moderately-to-highly complex category
- Monitors product and category performance to identify improvement area and develops plans to drive enhanced results
- Demonstrates expertise in multiple systems and sites throughout the category
- Encourages and helps others to improve on current ways of working, promotes new and innovative ideas and recognizes/rewards good ideas
- Develops deep expertise in inventory Management, Planning, and Site Merchandising as key to customer experience ownership for a moderately-to-highly complex category
- Works with editors, writers and content sources to ensure category has the appropriate content, reviews and shop-ability features
- Collaborates with marketing team around category promotions
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Empowers associates within a moderately-to-highly complex category to execute their tasks and make decisions
- Ensures business needs are being met
Market Positioning and Analytics:
- Manages analysis for a moderately-to-highly complex category, including themes and competitive landscape, to stay on the cutting edge of product and eCommerce advancements impacting own category
- Understands category site selection and product gaps in the category, works with team to close gaps
- Continually evolves the category's assortment strategy and logistics experience
- Builds and leads a team to execute on business area or category objectives
- Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance
- Has performance and career development conversations
- Maintains team motivation and engagement
- Mentors Category Specialists
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Ensures online presence supports desired shopper/customer experience for products within a moderately-to-highly complex category across multiple websites, including product presentation, content, customer reviews and enhancements
- Defines success for a moderately-to-highly complex category and engages team to deliver business results consistent with category strategy
- Works with GM to ensure vision and strategy are aligned with the broader organization
- Supports GM with strategy development as needed
- Bachelor's degree in business, retail or related field
- 3 years experience in business, retail or related field OR 5 years of experience in business, retail or related field
- 2 years supervisory experience
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.