PeaceHealth - Springfield, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking a Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Per Diem) for a per diem, Day shift position.
Req ID: 171458
Perform all routine and specialized nuclear medicine procedures by integrating medical knowledge and technical skills with effective patient interaction to provide quality patient care and accurate diagnostic information.
- Prepare, supply and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Provide patient education and instruction prior to and after examination. Provide training/education to staff and students as indicated.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems.
- Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety for self, staff and patient. Evaluates patient for pregnancy and/or breastfeeding prior to exam as indicated.
- Operates computer and nuclear medicine equipment for data acquisition, reconstruction and documentation of images and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images.
- Prepares, calibrates and administers radiopharmaceuticals according to protocol.
- Maintain records of receipt, dispensing and disposal of radioactive materials. Maintain records of equipment quality control, radiation monitoring and surveys.
- Performs other patient care activities, duties and responsibilities as assigned consistent with caregiver’s scope of practice, training, experience and license/certification/registration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited Nuclear Medicine Technology program or equivalent required.
- NM Certification by NMTCB and/or ARRT (NM) required.
- Certification/Registration/Licensure as required by the State for trained modality.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Minimum of one year prior experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth, development and life stages to meet each patient’s need.
- Demonstrated venipucture competency.
- PACS/RIS knowledge is required. ImageCast/CareCast experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Registered with the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging (OBMI). Must maintain active registry with the state of Oregon OBMI.
- NMTCT or ARRT eligible; CNMT or ARRT(NM) certification required within 6 months of hire. May work under OBMI temporary license pending certification.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNTITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to toxic materials or hazardous waste. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Springfield, SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 10 Hours
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $33.75, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: American Registry of Radiologic Technologist; Basic Life Support; Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist; Oregon Board of Medical Imaging Registration
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support ||Imaging Services || Per Diem/Relief || DIAGNOSTIC SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.