PeaceHealth - Vancouver, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Progressive Care Unit (Part-Time) for a 0.6 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Night shift with shift durations of 12 Hours.
Req ID: 171254
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
1. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
2. Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
3. Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
4. Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
5. Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency by successfully passing EKG test.
- WA State RN Licensure with Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- New graduate or experienced RN (or equivalent combination of education and/or experience).
- Acute care nursing experience with oncology populations, including chemotherapy preferred.
- 1 year telemetry RN experience preferred.
- Sheath pulling experience preferred.
- Cardiac care nursing experience preferred.
- WA State RN Licensure
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire
- National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certification within 6 months of hire
- Progressive Care Certified Nurse (PCCN) preferred.
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
Southwest Medical Center:
- ED - Care of patient requiring reversal of anticoagulants, administration and monitoring of tPA seizure management and emergent EVD. Management of blood pressure abnomalities with parenteral vasoactive agents.
- ED - RNs assigned to ED seclusion area must obtain ACLS & PALS within 1 year of hire; TNCC not required. Preferred 1 year of in patient psychiatric experience at the time of hire.
- ICU – Management of ventriculostomy, EVD, and ICP. Nursing care of patients with non-traumatic ICH, non-traumatic SAH, seizures. Nursing care of patients post tPA, thrombectomy, aneurysm coiling, carotid artery stenting and intra-cranial stenting. Management of blood pressure abnomalities with parenteral vasoactive agents. Completion of complex neurological assessments/scales.
- PCU - Nursing care of stroke patients with cardiac co-morbidity or more frequent monitoring than can be provided on the floor. Care of patients post Carotid Artery Stenting, and coiling of non-ruptured aneurysms. Performance of NIHSS, nursing bedside swallow screen. Perform stroke patient education utilizing health literacy education priniciples. Familiar with stroke guideline driven stroke discharge medications.
- Neurology and Resource Pool – Nursing care of ischemic, TIAs, and non-traumatic hemorrhagic strokes. Performance of NIHSS, nursing bedside swallow screen. Perform stroke patient education utilizing health literacy education priniciples. Familiar with stroke guideline driven stroke discharge medications
- Cath Lab - Nursing care of patients post IV tPA requiring thrombectomy and IA tPA. Nursing care of patients requiring thrombectomy, aneursym coiling or flow diversion, and carotid artery stenting.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day (to include inclement weather).
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Vancouver, Southwest Medical Center (150)
Job Category: Nursing
Shift Length: 12 Hours
Work Type: Part Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $38.98, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Advanced Cardiac Life Support; Basic Life Support; National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification; Registered Nurse - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Nursing || Medical/Surgical Nursing || Part Time || ROUTINE NURSING SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.