Unity 3D - San Francisco, CA
Unity is looking for a Director Sales Operations reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer. As the leading development platform for online and mobile games, Unity is helping take developer's creations further and faster than ever before. Our product portfolio includes a monetization suite that enables developers to build a business through advertising and in-app purchase as well as a user acquisition product that help developers grow their player base.
As the Director of Sales Operations within the CRO’s organization, you will play a key role in building and growing the sales and revenue operations function. We are looking for a leader with strong business partnering skills, who is a self-starter, outstanding analytical skills who understands the acquisition, renewal, expansion lifecycle of modern SaaS, an exceptional communicator, and someone who can roll up their sleeves in a dynamic fast-paced environment. You will help drive decision-making and measure success around strategic planning. In addition, you will own long-term forecast modeling with a focus on driving predictability across key financial and operating metrics. You will weave stories with meaningful insight from data to improve problem solving for operational transformation and other strategic projects. This is a highly influential role and we are looking for candidates that can combine expertise in strategic planning, change management, and cross-functional execution of strategic initiatives.
- Develop a deep understanding of market, industry, and competitive dynamics of existing and new business opportunities
- Partner with CRO and business leads in developing insights from business to set priorities and capture opportunities
- Ensure cross company alignment on key development and marketing deliverables
- Customer success systems
- Create structure and visibility around all key metrics of the business & analyze weekly/monthly/quarterly results and makes recommendations for improvements
- Lead financial forecasting, compensation plans, deal desk, and reporting initiatives to provide management with a current perspective of the business
- Lead field annual planning and early review process
- Develop long range plans and models based on strategic initiatives, market research, and internal data. Take ownership of financial model creation and provide financial analysis on prospective new business activities and investments
- Partner with FP&A to create real time financial view health of the business and develop a robust annual and long-term business planning process. Ensure alignment between strategy, business and financial planning
- Define and monitor key business drivers and partner with cross-functional departments to define priorities and deliver data-driven and actionable insights that drive decision-making
- Fosters collaborative relationships with other business units and is able to influence positive business outcomes
- Define, launch, and drive strategic and operational initiatives via ad-hoc analyses, complex financial modeling of proposed operational programs and business cases to assess the financial viability and associated risks, and develop recommended actions
- Partner with IT and data teams to assess and develop tools to automate and streamline processes to gain greater efficiency across the operation
- Train and educate cross-functional teams on metrics and tools to ensure up-to-date and consistent understanding of the business
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion to drive revenue and monetization products
- Understands broad Systems Architecture for standards and capabilities to scale and simplify WW Commercial Sales
- Deep understanding SAAS/Services , CRM (SFDC), CPQ, order management
- Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively to translate data into actionable insights, strategies, and financial and operating plans
- Expertise in complex financial modeling, building and delivering presentations
- Understand IT requirements of the business and drive
- Field productivity measurement
- Positive “can do” attitude and enjoy tackling complex, ambiguous problems
- Demonstrated experience and excellence in driving complex and cross-functional projects with multiple stakeholders
- Energized by working in a rapidly growing environment
- Proven success driving multiple projects at once
- Ability to work with, organize, validate, query, and manipulate large data sets within multiple reporting environments
- Customer service oriented and ability to partner with individuals at all levels
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distil complex issues and detailed analysis into simple, structured frameworks with concrete action plans
- Humble attitude with a willingness to shift from high-level strategic thinking to stepping in and helping to drive implementation alongside functional teams
- Nimble and willing to wear multiple hats, able to deliver high-quality results in an often ambiguous and rapidly changing business environment
- Expert in Excel and PowerPoint, SQL is a plus
- 5-10 years senior business operations role
- 7-10 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity including 3+ years in business operations/financial planning role for a tech company; experience with a rapidly scaling two-sided marketplace is a plus
- IT or Finance MBA
- Location: San Francisco or Brighton, UK
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.