Postmates - San Francisco, CA
Postmates is building the future of local commerce by using technology to connect local stores and restaurants with customers looking to save time. Working to solve some of the biggest urban logistics problems, we focus on closing the loop between merchants and the customers they’d otherwise be unable to reach.
As a member of the team at Postmates, you'll play a central role in the expansion of the Postmates platform. You'll help design and build operational processes that prepare our teams for rapid growth and scale, while relentlessly focusing on efficiency and execution on some of our most challenging and complex business problems. Your goal is to use data and sound business judgement to develop & implement strategies that will drive major improvements in the business. In the past, the team has worked on projects ranging from the overhaul of our fraud detection system, creating & operationalizing a system to provide real-time incentives to our Postmates, to scaling up our fleet acquisition process & efforts. The projects will vary; the only constant will be that you're working on Postmates most important initiatives.
In this role, your ideas will be reviewed directly by our executive team and you will have end-to-end ownership of the key initiatives that shape the future of Postmates. You must be comfortable with execution and accountability.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years relevant experience in tech, consulting, finance, operations management, and//or customer experience
- Demonstrated experience in solving new problems with new solutions while working cross-functionally to lead teams towards a shared goal.
- Experience in leading process and performance improvements by leveraging data and insights
- Experience working cross functionally with Product, Engineering, Operations & external vendors.
- Data-driven decision making with a strong bias towards action and rapid experimentation.
- Entrepreneurial DNA; ability and desire to launch and run initiatives end-to-end with full ownership.
- Expert quantitative analysis; expertise in SQL and other analytical tools.
- A degree in a quantitative discipline (Statistics, Applied Math, Economics) is required.
- Postmates user
- Programming experience
- Consumer tech experience
- Strong interest in logistics, pricing, marketplaces or supply-demand economics
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance and it’s 100% paid for by the company
- Tasty, healthy lunches
- Snack-filled kitchen (mostly healthy, but very tasty)
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Awesome office in San Francisco close to mass transit
- 3 paid volunteer days to give back to the community
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.