Samsara - San Francisco, CA
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara hardware products are plug and play, and core to the product portfolio. The hardware team is responsible for industrial design, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering & supply chain. Everyone here has a big impact in bringing products to market. We focus on the key creative/design/problem-solving & bolster our development resources with top JDMs, toolmakers, & suppliers.
The Hardware Operations Assistant will support the hardware engineering team in product quality testing and lab management. The dream candidate is Excel savvy and loves to build and organize workspaces.
A non-engineering background is welcome so long as key skills are met. This is an entry level position where part-time work and flexible hours can be accommodated.
A Hardware Operations Support Associate may work on:
- Supporting Operations team in the shipment of products to/from SF HQ
- Assisting Engineering team with performing Quality Assurance checks and inspections, per specification
- Owning organization of engineering labs
- Assembling furniture for engineering labs
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate has:
- Great attitude
- Technician experience a plus - but not required
- Rock-solid data entry skills - strong excel skills a must
- Strictly follows operating procedures as defined
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to lift boxes up to 20 lbs
- Works well independently
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approach of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.