Udacity - Mountain View, CA
Udacity’s mission is to power careers through tech education. We're an immersive online learning platform offering hands-on training in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, data science, autonomous systems, cloud computing, and more. We are backed by some of the best-known investors: Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital, among other leading VC firms.
Focused on self-empowerment through education, Udacity has the potential to transform the world by providing life-long learners with the chance to skill up in cutting-edge technology, while also creating meaningful impact. We also partner with the enterprise market to bridge the talent shortage and skills gaps during their digital transformation journey. As their partner of choice, we are providing a powerful and differentiated solution to address their needs. If you are inspired to be a core component of this transformational opportunity, read on!
We are looking for an Acquisition Designer to take our user experience to the next level. Our goal is simple -- Udacity wants to become the leader in the online learning space. As a member of our team, you will be be asked to first design a website - that is mobile friendly and and then focus on the user experiences for other acquisition channels. You will work closely with developers and members of the Growth Marketing Team.
- Approach programs holistically - working cross-functionally, thinking about the impact of different types of users, platforms, etc.
- Show empathy towards your prospects and customers and develop new pathways for them to meet their goals
- Be nimble: Bring learner journey maps to life
- Be results driven: Work with the team to meet/exceed acquisition goals
- Be collaborative: Success will not happen alone -- need to work with your internal partners
- Drive designs from concept to launch -- not only be a creator but be implementation of your designs
- Be passionate - show us and tell us that you really believe in your approach
- Team oriented: The sum will be greater if the parts have the same mission
What We Value
- 4+ years experience in user facing visual, interactive and digital design
- 2+ years experience in designing for mobile web and mobile apps
- Understands of acquisition & conversion, metrics-driven design, etc.
- Understands the nuances (pros and cons too) of working in WordPress environment
- Can go beyond thinking in terms of pixels -- do whatever it takes to make the website and our other channels successful and be in learner mode -- curious about how business, social, technical and behavioral factors impact the UX across customer’s journey inside and outside the product UX.
- Has the ability to articulate design decisions and the problems they solve persuasively and concisely to all functions of the organization, including executives
- Can think systematically, build & follow frameworks, guidelines & patterns
- Demonstrates experience in interaction and visual design with an ability to quickly prototype designs in lo-fidelity and hi-fidelity as required
- Can define, explain and leverage industry best practices
- Knows how to leverage data and incorporate findings into thinking and designs
- Knows how to design experiments (A/B testing) and how to handle web and mobile personalization into a user experience
- Knows how to design for different audiences
- Has strong understanding of the ever-changing landscape of performance marketing assets (Facebook, Instagram, Google, Snap, etc) and channel communications (Email, rich media mobile push notifications, in-app notifications)
- Understands the growth hacking mindset, but can balance it with design quality standards
- Enjoys working in small, dynamic, whatever-it-takes teams
- Has a learning mindset.Having CX experience is a plus
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.