Indigo - Boston, MA
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
The Associate Manager will drive initiatives to maximize internal and external business impact of Indigo’s GeoInnovation function. This includes building and managing a pipeline of new business opportunities as well as supervising business development processes. The role will present many tough but exciting challenges and the ideal Associate Manager will be called upon to demonstrate perseverance and hunger to learn while doing.
- Partner with GeoInnovation leadership to deliver team strategy that supports Indigo’s objectives and mission
- Perform analyses to support strategy, particularly linking geo-capabilities to commercial applications
- Create visually compelling slides in PowerPoint to communicate business value of our technology to customers and other functions in Indigo
- Deliver Atlas demos and conduct trainings for internal and external stakeholders
- Create visually compelling printed collateral conveying geo-insights in an easily understandable manner to internal and external stakeholders
- Mastery in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Outstanding communication skills
- Responds promptly and clearly via email
- Can conduct strong phone interviews
- Excellent presentation delivery, with and without PowerPoint
- Seeks first to understand, then to be understood
- Highly adaptable and flexible to the changing needs of the organization, with a demonstrated ability to deliver under pressure
- Able to hold and understand several complex ideas simultaneously across cross functional teams, including ability to advance concepts from early-stages to concreate proposals
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an insatiable interest in cutting-edge technologies and creating a more beneficial agricultural system
- Eager to identify and cement new business relationships
- Highly organized
- Doesn’t let anything “fall through the cracks” when scheduling calls and meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Uses collaboration tools effectively (email, text, slack, Confluence, etc.) to coordinate work across teams
- Demonstrates empathy with all stakeholders (E.g., growers, to Innovation Team Leadership, to internal collaborators, companies, and KOLs)
- Willingness to travel, including internationally, as needed
- Completes necessary tasks, even menial ones, with joy
- Understands and embodies Indigo’s purpose and core values
- 3-5 years work experience
- Technical or consulting background preferred
- Undergraduate degree with 3.5+ GPA
- Ag and food background and/or experience with GIS / Geospatial technology preferred
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.