Republic Schools - Jackson, MS
Who We Are
RePublic Schools is a network of high-performing public charter schools based in Nashville, TN and Jackson, MS with a mission to reimagine public education in the South and prepare all of our scholars to graduate from college. In addition to providing a world-class traditional academic curriculum, we empower our students to be change-makers by teaching them to code – starting in the 5th grade.
Despite the fact that our scholars come from traditionally underserved communities (approximately 85% identify as low-income, and nearly 95% as students of color), we have seen them defy the odds to achieve outstanding results. RePublic’s schools have scored in the top 5% of all open-enrollment public schools across the state of Tennessee for both student growth and absolute achievement – making ours the first (and only) charter schools in state history to achieve this dual distinction.
At RePublic, we cultivate a cohesive community of families, staff, and scholars committed to doing whatever it takes to ensure our scholars succeed. We are looking for a dynamic, determined Front Office Receptionist to serve in our Nashville schools for the 2019-2020 school year and beyond. Candidates must share our unwavering belief that all children can achieve at high levels and change the world. Sound like you?
What You'll Do
Reporting directly to the school-based Director of Operations, RePublic’s Front Office Receptionist will execute on all school operational priorities and be the primary gatekeeper for students, families, and the external school community.
- Be the keeper of the gate. Maintain a positive, welcoming, and customer-service oriented environment for parents, visitors, co-workers, and students; manage the front office by screening phone calls and responding to email and phone inquiries in a timely fashion and elevating issues and concerns to the leadership team as needed to preserve relationships with families; produce high-quality written communications (e.g., follow-up correspondence, school marketing materials, newsletters, electronic updates, thank you letters, etc.)
- Assist in growing our school family. Drive the student enrollment process by making phone calls, giving prospective families tours of our schools, and completing paperwork; assist in planning and staffing of student and family engagement events
- Provide school-based academic and operational support. Create and distribute make-up work to absent scholars; collect and track important school paperwork and files, communicate clearly with school teammates to ensure data is accurate regarding key operational systems (such as scholar attendance), and otherwise support as needed to ensure strong execution of operational systems.
- Bring it. Have stamina and the ability to set and achieve ambitious goals, and handle the intensity required to bring your best self to an extended school day in a very high-performing school environment.
- Never stop growing. Offer and receive constructive feedback from colleagues in order to create a professional working atmosphere that aspires to excellence and is conducive to constant improvement; dive humbly into school-wide and individual professional development, including pre-service training over the summer and weekly sessions during the academic year.
- Sweat the small stuff. Maintain high expectations for academic achievement and appropriate behavior in and outside the classroom when communicating with students; assist scholars with minor injuries and illnesses.
Who You Are
Our ideal Front Office Receptionist will have an unwavering belief that our students can achieve at an exceptionally high level. Beyond that, a successful candidate will have:
- A high school diploma; an undergraduate degree is preferred
- A demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly, such that expectations are clear, timelines are delineated, and excellence is defined
- An ability to work in a self-directed manner, with a proven track record of meeting deadlines
- A desire to learn, develop, and improve each day, ideally with aspirations to eventually work towards promotion into a Dean of Operations, and/or Director of Operations role in our school after several years of development and excellence in this role
- Passionate belief in RePublic’s mission, values, and educational model
- Ideally, candidates are bilingual or fluent in both English and Spanish, such that they are able to provide increased access to the communities RePublic serves in Nashville, including many families who speak English as a second language to Spanish
- Interested? To apply for this position, please submit a resume and an optional cover letter: http://republiccharterschools.org/careers
- Questions? Contact us: email@example.com
Salary is competitive and commensurate based on experience. Compensation at RePublic includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.