Workfront - Lehi, UT
As a Software Engineer at Workfront, you will work with your Engineering team and partner with Product Management to take ideas for Workfront’s products and turn them into realized features in our Work Automation Cloud platform. You will work in an Agile environment and estimate assigned work, create OO and/or functional designs, provide task breakdowns and implement features and micro-services using using ES6+, React, Node, Python, Java, multiple frameworks (Spring, Docker, AWS) and data technologies (NoSQL, RDBMS, Kafka, ElasticSearch).
As a Front-end Software Engineer I, you will use your coding skills to develop, test and release features assigned to you and your software engineering team. You will be challenged daily to solve problems, expand your knowledge of the Workfront platform and the technologies that can be used to continuously improve it. You will grow as we do and your technical skills and ownership responsibilities will gradually increase as you move toward the next level. You will excel as you identify and apply front-end industry best practices in order to produce a quality, testable, and intuitive user experience with the use of cutting-edge front end technologies. We expect a passion for front-end development.
A Typical Day in Your World:
- Meet with your team and tell them the awesome things you did yesterday and what unspeakably incredible things you will complete by this time tomorrow.
- Create new features using our development technologies that will delight and inspire knowledge workers across the world.
- Work with your team to plan your sprint and take on tasks that will help your team succeed.
- Develop elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Troubleshoot problems and debug the system to expand your knowledge and expertise within our platform.
- Work with our QA and Product teams to show that your solutions work as-intended and you are ready for your next challenge.
- Participate in discussions with your team about what emerging tools, technologies and processes are coming that may impact how we improve our products and our SaaS platform in the future.
- Have a fabulous lunch with people you respect and admire. Enjoy a free soda. Or 10 because, hey, they’re free!
- At the end of a release, as the rest of the company is validating that, in fact, you and your team’s work is indeed awesome and unspeakably incredible, take some time to do some research, train in a new technology or even play a game – em, we mean participate in a team building exercise – with your team.
To Land This Job You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (or equivalent education) or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrate introductory knowledge of Database basics such as joins, constraints, stored procedures, triggers and schema design.
- Show that you can take a basic software engineering problem and present a solution with the ability to adjust the solution based on feedback.
- Ability to describe concepts and solutions using synchronization patterns (e.g. signals, mutexes, critical sections, etc.).
- Demonstrate conceptual understanding of design patterns and strategies.
Now, Blow Our Minds:
- Have knowledge and/or experience in real-time or distributed systems, public cloud or PaaS systems like AWS or Azure, relational or NoSQL databases.
- Demonstrate fantastic communication skills such that we are confident that you will not only adapt and work well with a software engineering team, but excel in a collaborative team environment.
- Show that you have a passion and drive to take ownership of problems, deliver quality solutions, stand out from the pack and grow with us.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.