PeaceHealth - Bellingham, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a Nurse Practitioner - Geriatrics - Nursing Home Services based in the desirable Bellingham community!
Req ID: 172205
PeaceHealth has an opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner to join our strong Geriatrics team!
The ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience, including work in Skilled Nursing Facilities
Bellingham, WA is the perfect blend of urban living, great schools, shopping & cuisine, along with endless outdoor recreation opportunities in the surrounding coastal beaches, mountains and temperate rainforest! A few more highlights:
- In addition to the many breathtaking hikes, relaxing camping trips, water activities, bird watching, snow sports, and scenic drives to be enjoyed, the City itself has 65 miles of inner-urban trails
- Bellingham is home to Western Washington University, Whatcom Community College and Bellingham Technical College, and has excellent elementary and secondary public and private schools
- Live nearly anywhere in the community and be within 15-20 minutes of the hospital with an easy, stress-free commute
- Just a 90-minute drive south to Seattle, WA, and a 60-minute drive north to Vancouver, British Columbia
- Ranked by Forbes as a “Top 25 places to retire” and the 2nd most “Fitness-friendly cities” in America
- No state income tax
- Explore more about Bellingham/Whatcom County here: https://www.bellingham.org/
In addition to living in one of Washington's most desirable cities, you'll work with a great team dedicated to providing the best care in our community!
About the Practice
- Average 8-10 patients per day; mostly long-term care residents with some subacute rehabilitation patients
- Team-based care in community Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Collegial working environment
- Dedicated and supportive team who share a passion for serving these patients
- Team includes; 6 Physicians, 3 Advanced Practice Clinicians, Social Worker, Pharmacist, and other medical support staff
- Call is roughly 1:13, phone issues only after 5:00 p.m. until clinic opens again
- Epic EHR
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
- Board Certified Nurse Practitioner with two (2) years of experience
- Ability to work independently with the support of the Medical Director
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams and working with Hospice
- Demonstrated interest in and experience caring for Geriatric patients in a Skilled Nursing Facility
- Should be comfortable with some acute management of illnesses such as pneumonia, cellulitis, renal failure, heart failure, as well as patients at the end of life
Compensation highlights include comprehensive benefits, employment bonus, relocation allowance
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please contact Sharon Thompson, FASPR, Provider Recruiter
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Location: Bellingham, Medical Office Plaza (213)
Job Category: Physician & Advanced Practice Clinician
Work Type: Full Time
Posting Notes: Bellingham || Physician & Advanced Practice Clinician ||Nurse Practitioners || Full Time || CARE CONTINUUM SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.