Chewy - Dania Beach, FL
At Chewy we aim to become the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents and our partners – vets and service providers – alike. Our success is measured by the happiness of the people and pets we serve, not simply by the amount of pet supplies we deliver. That’s why we continue to think of outside-the-Chewy-box ways to delight, surprise, and thank our loyal pet lovers.
Customer service is not only the key to success in our mission, but also our competitive advantage. To maintain this advantage, we are looking to hire an analytical, driven & customer obsessed individual as a Program Manager, Capacity Planning for Chewy Customer Service at our Hollywood, FL headquarters. We are looking to build a world class Capacity planning function, worthy of the experience we provide to our pet parents. If data crunching, customer obsession & operations are part of your DNA, then this could be the right role for you.
The ideal candidate for the Program Manager, Capacity Planning role is responsible for developing, administering, and analyzing quantitative/predictive models and applications. This role will be responsible for working with algorithm /simulation-based approaches applied primarily to the understanding of demand and staffing forecast outputs to drive line of business's FTE and budgetary planning activities. This person should have a keen eye for details, a strong education background simulation/optimization modeling. This individual will need to partner with the teams they support to drive an intuitive understanding of the business and what drives it, as well as an ability to explain their results intuitively to a non-technical audience in clear effective manner. They should be able to analyze the business activities; bridge variances to planning; and fold it into their FTE plan. This role will have an integral part to play in helping innovate the process and set the standards of this approach for the group. They are expected to perform in a dynamic, highly innovative, fast paced environment that requires data-driven decision-making and real time actions.
What you'll do:
- Develop and driving accuracy for the optimized long-term/short-term capacity models for Chewy lines of business.
- Interface with different stakeholders (merchandising/supply chain/finance/fulfillment) to build a strong CS plan for forecast alignment for general business, customer activities and new initiatives.
- Responsible for identifying and documentation data requirements. Gathering data through automated or manual techniques to support resource optimization models.
- Analyze actual and predictable interacting operational activities to obtain quantitative, rational basis for decision making and modeling through the application of logic and statistical techniques (linear modeling, game theory, probability theory, correlations, etc.).
- Effectively communicate these forecast, analysis & plans to various stakeholders at all organizational levels of Chewy through reporting, dashboards, white papers, and verbal presentations.
- Development of Activity Based Costing models in order to support unit cost analysis and to calculate benefits of improvement projects.
- Design and implement the reporting/dashboard framework for efficient capacity planning across the network.
What you'll need:
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in an analytics/finance, data analytical, or program/product management role, preferably in the ecommerce, contact center, or online space.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or related field.
- Experience doing data analysis of operations environments focused on improving results, optimizing decisions, or resource planning. (e.g. forecasting, simulation, and optimization techniques).
- Excellent communication skills (ability to present detailed technical analysis, assumptions, and recommendations succinctly).
- Technical proficiency in discrete event simulation, linear programming, tableau, and excel.
- Ability to effectively operate both independently and as part of a team
- Natural Curiosity and drive to answer important business questions
- Some programming experience is a plus to automate tools whenever appropriate
- Technical skills in SQL, SAS, VBA, R, mini tab, and/or Python
- Position may require some travel
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.