PeaceHealth - Eugene, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking a Staffing Coordinator - Home Health (Per Diem) for a per diem, Day shift position.
Req ID: 171343
Responsible for coordinating all functions of scheduling and staffing. In some communities, may also be responsible for attendance data reconciliation and transfer center functions.
- Prepare and maintain program and/or unit/department schedules including inputting schedules into the staffing/scheduling system.
- Assure all changes to schedule are in accordance with organizational policies and alert manager when out of compliance. Promote adherence to bargaining unit agreements in scheduling and staffing practices if applicable.
- Function as a resource to appropriate management team for efficient use of staffing/scheduling system.
- Communicate effectively with staff, supervisors and managers. Communicate issues to leadership as necessary.
- May coordinate education schedules as requested.
- May complete payroll as assigned and assure accurate payroll function for caregivers.
- If responsible for attendance data reconciliation, verifies accuracy of timesheets with schedules and reconciles all attendance data.
- May participate in analyzing and interpreting data to ensure optimal staffing in the unit/department.
- Work closely with managers to provide productivity and statistical reports as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Relevant college coursework preferred.
- Minimum of one year Home Health/Hospice experience or equivalent staffing and scheduling experience in another healthcare area required.
- Customer service experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Previous secretarial experience preferred.
- Skill in problem solving and organizing and disseminating information
- Strong customer service/caregiver relations skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications and other applicable software
- Ability to multi-task and work in an environment with multiple interruptions and successful follow through is a must.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
PHOR – Home Health/Hospice essential functions also include:
- Generates orders in Horizon, identifying correct organizational level, discipline and visit type.
- Staffs each discipline to meet or exceed productivity standards.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Sitting, head/neck in a static position with rotation and flexion are essential. Static position and able to rotate in chair. Simple grasp, fine manipulation, pinch, operate hand controls, and finger dexterity are also essential.
- Lifting requirement 3-7 lbs.
- Constant noise from telephone and voices.
- Speaking, hearing, near vision, depth perception, and touch are an essential and content function.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Eugene community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Eugene, Physician & Surgeons North Building (428)
Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities
Shift Length: Variable
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $18.62, more depending on experience
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Eugene || Business, Administrative & Facilities || Clerical || Per Diem/Relief || CARE CONTINUUM SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.