Chewy - Dania Beach, FL
Chewy is hiring a Director, Category Management to lead our stellar Merchandising team in Dania Beach, Florida. The Director of Category Management will own the business growth strategy, category P&L delivery, and continuously assess products and services to deliver an unparalleled customer experience. The Director of Category Management will lead a high-performing team in a high-pace environment so clear and effective leadership is critical.
What you'll do:
- Prepare the Merchandising department to scale the business to 4x the current volume
- Own planning and delivery of all all key P/L metrics
- Lead high stake negotiations across the biggest manufactures in the Pet Care Industry
- Drive the product assortment strategy to maximize sales and new customer acquisition
- Lead the team on managing our network of vendor partners
- Move swiftly to problem solve with vendors and internal teams to remove any barriers to growth
- Work cross functionally with Merchandise Operations, IT, Marketing, and Supply Chain to elevate the customer experience and drive business performance improvement
- Generate new business opportunities and merchandising concepts to fuel incremental sales
- Development of long-term organization road map, career development, and recruiting plans.
- Hold the team accountable for all deliverables
- Interject new insights and ideas for improving customer experience and improving financials while holding true to Chewy fundamentals
- Position may require travel
What you'll need:
- BA/BS Accounting, Finance, Business, or related degree required
- Deep understanding of retail (e-commerce is a plus)
- 10+ years of relevant experience in sales, buying, account management, consulting and/or marketing
- Proven negotiating skills in complex situations, influencing abilities and vendor management experience
- Strategic thinker with a bias for action
- Comfort level in pushing the limits
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; strong writing and speaking skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and time management
- Proven analytical skills – ability to analyze large data sets to make strategic decisions
- Experience with financial analysis and modeling
- Extensive experience leading teams & cross-functional projects
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Experience planning both seasonal and replenishment based categories
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of and complex data into usable/actionable information
- Track record of taking ownership and driving results in a data-driven, fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset with comfort in both early stage and corporate environments
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.