PeaceHealth - Vancouver, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a Sys Dir Women's and Child's Service Lines for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of Variable.
Req ID: 170227
Responsible for providing administrative and strategic leadership for applicable service line services across the PeaceHealth system and partnering with system service line medical director(s) to plan, develop and direct service line services across the system in alignment with organizational goals and triple aim objectives.
Serves as an integral part of the System Operations Council (System OC). Sets targets for all areas of responsibility and works with and assists other System OC members to achieve good outcomes for the whole organization. Under the supervision of system leadership, makes decisions affecting strategy, implementation and management of resources and will problem solve operating issues involving medical staff, nursing and physician practices.
- Works with System Service Line Operating Council (OC) members to plan, develop, implement and evaluate new patient care programs, services (inc. wellness & prevention) and practice models. This includes identification of business objectives, capital and other resource needs, expected revenues and expenses, allocation of space and organization of personnel and other operational components.
- In collaboration with system service line medical director(s), leads the System OC; develops strategic and long-term transformation plans for the effective transition to new care models and expanded geographic networks that better meet the needs of patients and communities.
- Provides leadership for ensuring optimal and efficient staffing in all clinical settings and for care model redesign in service line services for PeaceHealth. Supports other service line leaders in the three networks to oversee and influence all hospital departments and clinics associated with service delivery to achieve desired performance outcomes.
- Creates and monitors operating model for service line services; recommends changes to reporting structure, data reports and systems, processes and standards to achieve desired business and strategic outcomes in collaboration with System Finance, network service line directors, hospital COOs, PHMG leadership, managers, nurses, directors, department chairs and medical directors. This includes ensuring service line financial reporting is standardized across PeaceHealth.
- Builds positive working relationships across service lines with a focus on physician and clinician engagement inclusive of all clinical stakeholders.
- Ensures achievement and strives to exceed national benchmarks in financial performance, staffing, quality and patient safety for program.
- Supports network-based service line medical directors and directors in developing operational and / or business plans that promote care quality optimization and efficiency. Works with System Services (PHMG, Quality, AST, Finance) to develop and implement tracking systems.
- In collaboration with system service line medical director and System OC members; directs recruitment and evaluation of service line personnel.
- In collaboration with system service line medical director(s), leads continuous improvement efforts that promote a culture of safety and culture of excellence. Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, system leaders, hospital leaders, department managers, staff and customers that lead to measurable improvements in patient care outcomes, efficiency, customer service, and provider and staff engagement.
- Ensures regulatory compliance in all areas of responsibility.
- Monitors, communicates, and works to improve patient, physician and staff satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required,
- Master’s degree required or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the job.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience and success in leading and facilitating clinical departments in an integrated healthcare system.
- Excellent verbal, negotiation, and written communication skills, particularly with key stakeholder groups such as physicians, other clinicians, and quality improvement staff.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience leading remote teams.
- Strong financial management skills including the ability to analyze financial statements and create plans for improvement.
- Ability to closely collaborate in a dyad relationship effectively leading a team in a closely-knit partnership.
PHYSICAL AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Vancouver, Shared Services Center (802)
Job Category: Leadership
Shift Length: Variable
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $DOE, more depending on experience
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Leadership || Executive Leadership || Full Time || PHMG ADMIN
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.