Rent The Runway - New York, NY
About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated Accounts Payable Administrator to join our strong Accounting group. You will play a key role on the Accounts Payable team during an exciting period of high growth and process transformation. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a fast-paced, extremely successful, high-energy company.
- Play a key role in the day-to-day operations of the AP team
- Assist the AP Manager in setting up and monitoring efficient daily processes to make sure the work is properly prioritized and addressed in a timely manner
- Code and process all vendor invoices in a timely manner. Match invoices to purchase orders and receiving documents, ensuring accuracy and approval
- Responsible for both daily AP duties by covering a portion of the accounts, and for the overall coordination of work for the team
- Act as a business partner to various internal departments to ensure their needs are addressed and invoices are processed on time
- Assist with month end accruals
- Provide support during annual and other audits, as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business preferred but not required
- At least 3-5 years of strong AP experience in a very fast paced, high volume environment
- Must demonstrate comprehension of the General Ledger and Chart of Accounts and where it flows within Financial Statement; basic knowledge of Capitalized Assets, Prepaid Expenses, and Accruals preferred
- Accurate and timely data entry skills with strong attention to detail
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, v-lookup and other functions and formulas)
- Proven time management skills
- Must be a detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to multitask and jump in to assist the team when critical
- Strong work ethic and a can-do positive attitude is a must
- Experience working with any major accounting software
- Able and willing to communicate effectively with various internal and external customers
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.