Workfront - Lehi, UT
Workfront is the new authority on enterprise work and project management. Our mission is to make business work better—unleashing team’s value by helping them focus on the right work, doing their best work, and working faster than ever before. We proudly call some of the world’s most respected brands our customers. You know you can rely on an enterprise work management solution that is trusted by more than 3,800 companies worldwide. We’re honored to have been recognized by Forbes as one of the hottest companies in cloud computing for third consecutive year (#62 on the Forbes Cloud 100 in 2018).
To support our long-term strategy to create and lead a new category of enterprise SaaS software, we are looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our international team. You will be responsible for gaining deep insight into our users' behaviors and needs through user research and product discovery, as well as identifying and communicating opportunities for innovation and differentiation. You will also be responsible for designing the behavior (interactions) and visual interface of new product features and improving the usability and design of existing product features. If your UX experience or interest does not go beyond aesthetics, this may not be the role for you.
- Participate in user research to guide product design decisions (contextual inquiry, usability testing, competitive analysis etc.) and collaborate/communicate results to the teams.
- Collaborating on project briefs and writing job stories.
- Create flows, wireframes, prototypes, diagrams, and design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors.
- Help refine the architecture, user interface, product features, and end-to-end experience for new features/functionality.
- Use Workfront’s set of established design and visual patterns to strengthen consistency across our product suite; when necessary innovate and expand standards to create world-class experiences.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of managers, marketers, and engineers to help define business and feature requirements; analyze empirical data, usability findings, market research, and proven UX principles to justify and prioritize these requirements.
- Present design work to teams and managers for review and feedback.
- Assess and optimize the effectiveness of new and existing features by actively participating in usability testing and user research, and interpreting analytical data.
- Help create/influence/establish internal UI design pattern standards across different projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in the study of design including one of the following: Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors or equivalent project/portfolio experience.
- 5+ years experience.
- Master of the UX lifecycle with deep, direct experience in all skill areas and tools, including facilitation of workshops or other collaboration techniques to drive momentum and credibility within the organization.
- Customer-focused, with experience using design research methods to uncover customer insights.
- Should be capable of producing high quality results, while simultaneously leading (feedback, mentorship, planning) the delivery for a product or initiative and coordinating with partners where needed.
- Thorough knowledge of key channels and platforms, with experience in mobile, portable, dedicated, web and native solution design.
- Experience with resources such as; pattern library, repositories and internal communication tools.
- A collaborative attitude, excellent teamwork skills, and experience mentoring or coaching others.
- The ability to ideate rapidly and creatively. A willingness to discard or revisit ideas that aren’t working. A laser focus on making measurable impact.
- Hands-on experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods—including ethnographic field research, lab and remote usability testing, rapid iterative testing and evaluation, and participatory design.
- Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides.
- Experience working in a collaborative team, publicly white-boarding, and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- Experience presenting to and influencing people, from other designers and stakeholders to senior executive management.
- Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently.
- Impressive communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with SaaS enterprise applications.
- Be a Self-starter who is a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player.
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.